1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Badass - Slotted vs Smooth, BAII(2)?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by knucklehead G, Apr 8, 2010.

1. I have a Badass III with slotted saddles already and just got a Badass II which was supposed to have them also, but it shipped with smooth. How big of a deal is it to have the slot put in? I'd probably be taking it to a local music shop to be done as that is not something I'm comfortable with trying myself.

If it would push off the completion date of this bass for possibly several weeks, should I just deal with the smooth saddles or return them to the seller and hold out for a BAII with slotted ones?

Also, this package has a sticker on it saying its a Badass Bass II2. It says it has different metal than the standard BAII. Its from an eBay store but the sticker reads Allparts, so I'd be inclined to think its legit.. has anyone heard of a Badass II2?

2. ewimsatt

ewimsatt

Jul 1, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Pickup Maker, Luthier, and Repairman, Wimsatt Instruments
    Any decent tech could slot it for you. Me, personally, I would send it back and get what I ordered.