Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Badass

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Flea Claydirnt, Apr 8, 2001.

1. I heard mention of a badass ll bridge. Who makes this and where can i get one and/or find some info on them. I searched aroundthis sight to see if i could find the answer to this so I would not bug anybody, but no luck.

2. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000

Leo Quan Inc. makes `em. Glen Quan has a web page -

http://communities.msn.com/Badassbass/home.htm

Are you lookin to replace the bridge on your Stingray?
    The Badass II mounting holes are meant to be a drop-in
    for P's or J's. For a Stingray, you may have to go with an
    original Badass...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

You can get a Badass II (online) at Mars.

Also online, WD Music Products has `em
    in different finishes...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Thanks notduane. That was helpful. Yeah I was looking for a replacement for the MM copy (Jay Turser). Hopefuly it will give it more sustain. I appreciate the info, it was more than adequate.

4. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    That JT bridge looks similar to a MM one, IOW,
    an "original" Badass.
    No problem. Back when I was a metalhead, one o' my
    favorite bands was "Overkill" :p

5. I'm wondering if there is a bridge out there that looks more like a MM bridge and can give me the improvement i'm after. If not that origional Badass will work. Does anyone know of anything else i should look into? Maybe there is a genuine Musicman replacement bridge ou there that will offer more sustain than the copy bridge.

6. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Jeff Berlin has been a Badass endorserfor a couple of decades. Maybe he has something to add.

Will C.:cool: