1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

BADDEST BASS SOLO VIDEO!!!!!this guy in insane!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by maskedman72, Jan 5, 2012.

1. maskedman72

maskedman72

May 1, 2011
    Arizona
  2. f.c.geil

f.c.geil

May 12, 2011
    He can play fast. So?

His tone is nothing special, and there's no musicality to his playing. He sure is fast, though.

3. :rollno:

4. Nah. There's enough musicality to go around.

5. lucas vigor

lucas vigor Banned

Sep 2, 2004
    Orange County, Ca,
    Anybody ripping into this bassist should post a youtube of their own mastery of the instrument.

6. +1.

And please keep in mind that this is a bass solo. I'm just guessing here, but he's probably not that busy when he isn't soloing. That is assuming the comment of him not having any musicality was made in regard to his business.

7. jimmyjames

jimmyjames

Mar 30, 2011
    Queens
  8. Arranger

Arranger

Mar 9, 2003
    Pennsylvania
  9. ffutterman

ffutterman Talentless Bass Enthusiast

May 7, 2010
    Philadelphia
    To quote Harry Chapin's "Bluesman":

"That ain't no damn typewriter you're playin' "

10. Nice solo. Not really my style but I think he played it really well, even though I feel he kind of lost the groove in the fastest parts towards the end.

Martin

11. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    oh GAWD! not AGAIN,....

WHYYYYYYYYYY?????? :bawl:

12. rythman6969

rythman6969

May 29, 2007
    jersEY
    I like the first one MUCH better.

13. +1

14. maxiegrant

maxiegrant Bassist in Transition

Nov 26, 2007
    Sellersburg, IN
    OK I have to agree that is very impressive. You know considering the context here, it is obvious the guy is just having a massive amount of fun. Being able to fly across the board like that is pretty cool. I've got some chops but this guy clearly has put in his hours weeks years woodshedding, and the solo actually has a very cool structure. I was getting all kinds of competing ideas in my head following his "argument," almost. And I noticed each time he did something really impressive, he kind of wiped his brow (in one case he literally did) and then revved it up a notch, elaborating on the "argument" of the previous build-up. It was all pure showmanship . . . of course it was the dude's solo. I am now seeking for other clips of him playing.

Ok, this dude rips the living sh1t out of a double bass. I went to his site on myspace. His music is all that high-caffeine jazz stuff . . . it's just spastic all over. I'm listening to "Rhythm" off of Bassics. Man he knows his chords. Holy fawk this solo is NUTS. It is even more NUTS than the youtube video because he's doing the same crazy stuff on a freaking DB!

15. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    How about this?

16. wow. wish i could bow that clean....

17. Lee H

Lee H

Nov 30, 2011
    Redding CA
    saturday night I will be hauling my bass to a bar gig, and I will not be doing near what either of these guys have in the videos..

18. Since when did 'baddest' become a positive thing?

19. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Looking for a gig around East Islip, NY!

Jan 13, 2008
    I've never understood the reasoning behind that style of bass soloing. I guess I just don't understand the methodology and thought process behind it.