1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Badgers

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by SoComSurfing, May 2, 2006.

1. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Tell me about these little critters. I've been a Spring Hill Badger for five years now, but have never known anything about the animal. Basically all I know about them is that they're rather ferocious (sp?) when provoked, are carnivores, and are black with white stripes (making our mascot look like a skunk!) I've also heard that dachsunds' long, short build was bred to give them access to badgers' dens.

2. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Sounds about right.

3. Badgers? We don't need no stinkin' badgers!

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
  5. ff106164.

Business man. Pillah o' the communi'y.

Rock on
    Eric

6. Akami

Akami Four on the floor

Mar 6, 2005
    日本/Alyeska
    They'll tear up a pretty good sized dog, especially if it finds their den!!

7. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    A guy I knew when I was in the Navy said he had accidentally caught one in one of his box traps. He couldn't let it loose where it could turn and attack him, but he didn't want to kill it.

So he sat down to think. "Hmmm. What to do with a ticked-off badger." And he had a beer. And another. And possibly a few others.

Then inspiration struck. He would release it into the house of one of his friends and hilarity would surely ensue. It would have to, wouldn't it? His buddy would have a badger in his house. People would laugh about it for years, right?

So he took the box trap to the basement window of his friends place. He jimmied the window and let the badger fall out of the box trap into the basement.

The badger was pissed off anyway. But now it was REALLY pissed off.

My inebriated friend thought his buddy would wander into the basement and find the badger. He didn't. His mother did. The basement is where their laundry room was. She found it the next morning. It chased her up the stairs. It did a surprising amount of damage and the targets' dad was injured trying to get away from it.

Animal control took it away. They never seemed to question how it got into the house.

But my friend decided it might be a pretty good idea to leave town for a few years, so he joined the marines. That's how I met him. He had a bizarre tendency toward freak inuries. He is actually the only person I have ever met who, when I told the story of a house falling on me, said "Yeah. I had that happen, too."

Karma's a bitch.

8. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    badgers badgers badgers badgers mashroom mashroom badgers badgers badgers badgers mashroom mashrom badgers badgers badgers mashroommashroom badgers badgers badgers AAAAAAAAAAAAAA it's a SNAKE oh SNAAAAKE oh its a snake badgers badgers badgers