Baer ML112 vs Accugroove TRI112

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Marblou2, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Marblou2

Marblou2

Jan 31, 2013
    Vermont
    Does anyone compared this two cabs ?

2. If those are the only two cabs on your list, then I would recommend Baer 100%. Roger does his cabs right.

3. DaveAceofBass

DaveAceofBass Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    Sounds to me like you haven't played through the AccuGroove. I've checked out both, The AccuGroove is more full range, and they're newer speakers are superior to their older ones. That being said lately I've been checking out Barefaced...the Big Baby 2 is quite an amazing cab

4. Sounds to me like you shouldn't put words in other people's mouths. You're entitled to your opinion, and so am I. And in my opinion, Roger is 100% the better option to work with than accugroove.

5. DaveAceofBass

Feb 20, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    Wow, you're obviously making this personal against me and also AccuGroove. I wasn't talking about Roger. I'm sure he's a great guy, and I think I met him at NAMM a few years ago and have emailed since. There are some hard feelings towards the old AccuGroove, mostly over the AccuSwitch and when they went out of business. However, they are good guys and the new company is not the same as before. The AccuGroove speakers are more full range, the Baer are more old school...nothing personal on my end.

6. Its not personal. Offer your own opinion with out contesting mine. You did so, so I restated that in my opinion Mr. Baer is who the OP should be buying from.

7. pfschim

pfschim Just a Skeleton with a Jazz bass

Apr 26, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    well, have you actually personally compared the Accugroove to the Baer ? .. you really don't say one way or the other in your replies, which would help the OP have a better perspective on your reply.

I have used the Accugroove Tri115 and Tri112 cabs, but not the Baer cabs, so I can't really offer an informed response.
    I did like the Tri112 very much, but you have to accept it for what it is .. a pretty neutral, full range cab that is (IMO/IME) naturally "polite" in its character. As others have said, very much like playing through a quality studio monitor .. wide and clean.

Marblou2 and DaveAceofBass like this.
  8. DaveAceofBass

Feb 20, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    My point exactly. @CL400Peavey didn't offer a comparison between the two in his post. All he said was that the OP should be buying his cabs from Roger. He didn't say much about the AccuGroove or Baer sound, or his experience in dealing with both companies. All I said was that his reply implied that he has not played through both cabs, but maybe he has...that part is still unclear.

I tried Baer at NAMM a while back, although I will tell you it was a brief experience. I have more experience with AccuGroove. From what I recall, the high end is rolled off a bit with the Baer, as it doesn't have a tweeter. AccuGroove is very clean and neutral throughout the entire frequency spectrum. I recall the Baer is a bit more in the low mids. The Barefaced BB2 which I raved about has deeper lows and more pristine highs compared to the AccuGroove. I also want to point out that I've had the older AccuGroove cabs, from when they were first in business, and I have a newer one from about two years ago. The newer ones are built better, IMO. They currently also offer a Faital mid speaker as an upgrade, which gives you more extended midrange and high end. They are good guys, and I wouldn't hesitate to trust them, if that is a concern, it should not be.

9. DaveAceofBass

Feb 20, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    I didn't mean to contest your opinion. However, your opinion did not offer any comparison yet was voiced very strongly in favor of the Baer. Can you tell us why?

10. In my opinion:

• Baer is the better company to work with
    • Accugroove has some design choices that are inferior to comparable 2-3 way cabinets in the market
    • Tonality will be the preference of the user. Neither of these would be my top choice, but the OP didnt offer up any tonal goals in the first post.

11. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    Contributor- Bass Musician Magazine
    to be fair, if you say "Roger does his cabs right." in response to a specific question about Baer vs AG, you are absolutely insinuating that Accugroove "does not". You're entitled to your opinion, certainly, but lets at least call a spade a spade.

If you have grievances against one of the companies mentioned, you should probably clarify them, rather than allude to them more than once. Just my opinion, since we're all entitled to them.

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 19, 2022