1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Baffle Depth: SWR Baby Blue Question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Ben Esparza, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Is there a standard depth from the front edge of a bass speaker cab (front loaded speakers) to the baffle? I'm building an SWR Baby Blue Monitor clone and have all the dimensions except for that one. Being 8 inch woofers, the X-MAX on these speakers is minimal compared to a 12" or 15". Can one of you that owns a Baby Blue II measure for me? Thanks.

2. wave rider

wave rider

Jan 5, 2005
    Looks very close to an inch. My BBII has carpet on the baffle and wrapped around the cabinet, so this includes that thickness.

Couldn't find a ruler and my tape measure is in the car. Ended up using a business card for distance held up to a Leatherman™ tool... Sorry for my inaccuracy!

=wr=

3. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    Don't have the exact amp but yeah, 1" is pretty standard. Lets them use a strip of the 3/4 they built the cab from as a grill standoff with just enough to give a little lip on the front so the grill doesn't stick out past the front edge. If yours is constructed differently, somebody with an actual baby-blue could get a more accurate measurement....hopefully without being involved in a collision.:smug:

4. Thanks for your help. I just measured out the distance between the edge of my router + the 5/8" straight bit + 1" and routed the dado for the baffle. 1" from front edge to where the baffle will sit.

5. Mines exactly 1".