1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bag End 210 or Epifani 210

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by von buck, Apr 4, 2009.

1. von buck

von buck

Feb 22, 2008
    wolcott ct.
    In my quest in getting the lightest possible working gear , I have replaced my Eden 550 with a GB Shuttle 6, now on to speakers.

Currently , I'm using a BagEnd 210, not sure of the exact model name , but it's around6 0r 7 years old and weighs a ton.
    since I'm old and partialy disabled I'm looking in to possibly two Epifani 110's. At 22 pounds, they should be perfect. How do they compare to the BagEnd? That's the best sounding cabinet I've ever owned, but it's getting too hard to move.

I found a dealer near me that has all sizes in stock, so I'm going to try and go and try one out, but that's not the same as a gig.

So anyway what do you guys think?

Andy

2. shoot-r

shoot-r

May 26, 2007
    Illinois
    Von,
    I've not played through one yet, but I'd suggest trying a new Schroeder 15+L cabinet.
    From the reviews here on T.B., the 15+L seems to be "THE" small cab solution. Huge out-put for it's size, 20.5"x17"x14" and weighs in at 30 lbs.

3. B String

B String Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Ok, this is just an opinion. So.....
    I have an Epi UL210, and a UL110. I've had another UL110,
    and I've had a GB Shuttle 6.0. Never used the Bag End 210.

Two UL110's don't give the same big lows like the UL210.
    The Shuttle 6.0 hasn't got the lows that some other amps
    have. The Shro 15+L might sound the closest to the BagEnd
    box. You can order it 4ohm to make full use of the 6.0, and
    have a very light, loud, punchy setup. To get a more modern
    sound, you can hit the "deep" bass button on the Shuttle.

The UL210 is about 37lbs. Its a little bigger than the BagEnd
    and has more volume and lows. It will give you a bigger sound
    than the BagEnd. The present mids and highs of the Shuttle
    should work well with the UL210. A pair of the UL110's will
    weigh more than the UL210 or the 15+L, but I don't think
    you'll get the same volume out of the two UL110's as the 15+L
    or the UL210.

4. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    +1 AGAINST a pair of single 10's. Those boxes are just too small for any real low end bass. Also, though I haven't tried the new Schroe 15+, from what I've heard, I'd buy one sight unseen.

5. wswinsons

wswinsons Supporting Member

Jan 13, 2013
    I have both a UL 210 and BagEnd 210 d10b and I run them together as the Bagend has the sweetest mid to highs but no real low and the ul210 takes care of upper mid down. however I just picked up a berg 212 and ran it with the BAgEnd last night or so and friends were asking like what was THAT! It sounds perfect. All of this through my Genz Benz Shuttlemax 12.2