Bag End 2x18!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Brendan, Nov 1, 2001.

1. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
  2. Cat

Apr 5, 2000
    Penn State
    dear lord...
  3. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    Oh my!

"Frequency Response:
    8 Hz to 95 Hz +/-3 dB"

when used with an ELF-1.

*8* hertz:eek:

Talk about a gutbuster!
  4. The resonant frequency of a chicken's skull is approximately 7Hz.

Imagine the stuff you could kill with this thing.
  5. 72beetle

Jun 10, 2001
    Phoenix, Arizona
    I believe this would be a necessity for reproducing Cartman's "brown note" :)

6. Woof, woof!

Bi-amping with the National Debt.

If I had the cash for that rig, I still think I'd use a pair of 1x18 just cuz it's easier to haul around.
  7. mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    Isnt that cab a little small for 2x18?

8. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
    118lbs??? They say it's built for portability? Sheeeesh!
  9. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    I have a 115 that is bigger than that and it weighs in at 150 lbs at least. Hmmm... But I don't mind saying that the 218 is intimidating. This would be what would propell those who were crowd surfing.
  10. Nope. It's an ELF design.
  11. silvermaneZ

Oct 10, 2000
    Houston, TX
    That much air moving at 8hz would be killer. I wonder what the frequency has to be for people to involuntarily let go of their bowels? Wouldn't that suck. Your F# is a little flat, and when you hit the open string, the first 4 rows lose bladder function. Man, people would talk about you for YEARS on that one!
  12. downstairs

May 13, 2001
    Pasadena, MD
    in the famous words of my friend joe........

13. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    it's growing on me...I think I'm in love...:D
  14. Acepiloto

Aug 25, 2000
    *homer voice on*
    *Drool* ahlhwahhah, infrasonic frequencies
    *homer voice off*

You would have to put up a fence 30' around it in all directions in order not to have anyone scramble their intestines while you play.
  15. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    yeah, the elf design takes advantage of the audio properties of a closed box speaker cab - the volume of the cab is not a factor in the low frequency response. the elf get's its low end from the elf processor.

the cab by itself, without the processor, would probably have very limited low frequency response.

oh, and that "bi-amping with the national debt" line was classic. lol :D
  16. isn't it illegal to screw around with other people's bowels????
  17. leper

Jun 21, 2001
    resonant frequency of the human bladder lies at the very lowend around 8 hz, and at the high end around 15hz. So with enough of these, and elf1, enough power, and something nice and low to push through em...:)
  18. silvermaneZ

Oct 10, 2000
    Houston, TX
    I just thought of something else. Bag End makes complete concert sound systems also. So leper is right. A 100,000 pa system with Bag End ELF subs would probably knock down the KingDome in Seattle again.:eek:

BTW, if you are bored, go check out on the Bag End site the description of the system that installed in a mega-church somewhere. Somthing like 10 of those 2-18 subs in a 5000 seat auditorium. Talk about the power of the lord getting your ass out of the seat!
  19. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    It depends on the sodomy laws where you live.
  20. leper

Jun 21, 2001
    only problem with the whole brown note thing....youll most likely kill people before they crap themselves, as 150 decibels is supposedly enough to stop someones heart. Im not sure about this one, but I am sure about the resonant frequency