1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bag end Cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by eno50, Mar 27, 2009.

1. eno50

eno50

Jan 31, 2009
    North of Memphis
    Hello
    I came across a bag end speaker cab with a 15" looks just like the s15b-d red series but it coverd in black instead of the red covering, I can not find a model # does anyone know
    what model this is and is it for bass,I know the red series are great of bass, but I have not seen the black carpet cover one's before,I looked on there web site and did not see anything.
    eno

2. knuckle_head

knuckle_head Commercial User

Jul 30, 2002
    Seattle
    Owner; Knuckle Guitar Works & Circle K Strings
    I'll lay odds it's a S15-C

3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    most likely! The "Deep Red" stuff is new since the late 90s... prior to that, it was black carpet coverings. Same basic cabs, usually can be had real cheap.

4. PSPookie

PSPookie

Aug 13, 2006
    Ocoee, TN
    It soundsn like it's just the S15 with a different cover. They used to (maybe still do) make them in black as well. The '-D' in the model number just indicates the color. '-B' for the oiled birch, I believe.

5. floydman

floydman

Sep 27, 2002
    southeast CT
    I have an s15b-d in black carpet, larger version of the s-15
    http://www.bagend.com/s15b-d.htm
    mine doesn't have a speaker in it right now but when it did it sounded similar in tone to the s-15 but a little larger sounding. It also has a front port that you can decide to cover or open.

6. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    I have 1 s15-D in black, left from a pair. I added the Crossover and co-ax 15 so I have a stealth S15X-D ... great cab!

7. Yeah, I've got the D10B in black cloth so it is a D10B-C.

Their web sites state:
    -B = Oiled Birch, -D = Deep Red Carpet, -DF = Deep Red Floor Monitor

They never seem to mention that:
    -C = Black Cloth

8. Chuck King

Chuck King Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2006
    Chicago
    I also have an S15B-C. Apparently there are more of them out there than I thought.

9. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    zillions of them in fact. lots of them with that partial circular grille over the driver. some of them just painted black.

rule of thumb, if it's 18"x18"x15" with a 15" in it, it's an S15