Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bag End D10BX-D

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by barroso, Aug 7, 2003.

1. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    [​IMG]

is there anyone who uses this enclosure?

comments?

thanks!

2. LJW

LJW

Feb 8, 2002
    northeastern pa.
    I own the D10BD (as Josh mentioned, this is the non-coax version) and am very happy with it.

Highly recomended

To my ear, the D10BXD adds one of the smoother sounding tweeters around.

3. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    Used one at a basketball game once. Bridged my SWR into it, so I had 550 watts running into it. It took it like a champ, great response and extremely LOUD! Kinda heavy for a 2x10 though, at least compared to most, but I thought it was worth it.

4. VicDamone

VicDamone

Jun 25, 2000
    I'll ditto Josh. What you get with Bag End is a simple yet proper enclosure, good drivers, a great crossover, and a unique coaxial high frequency driver that, I feel, works better than any tweeter/piezo (for bass) out there. At 1600 watts peak this cabinet can get very loud. Hasn't been upgraded nor reviewed for a long time. Aside from the carpet covering I'm not sure what they could improve on anyway. There are many different cabinets out there but I don't think (my subjective opinion) there are any sonicly better.

I filter mine off at 50Hz and use the S18E-D to fill the bottom for a truly full range system.

5. chardin

chardin

Sep 18, 2000
    The guys at Bass Northwest really like Bag End cabinets. I bought my S15-D from them years ago. Excellent cabinets.

They have a used D10X-D for $449.00. Check it out at http://www.bassnw.com/usedamps.htm

Edit: Added 2x10 content.

6. Sorry fellas, That D10X-D @ bassnw is now in my living room. It sounds awesome. The best 210 I've heard.

7. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I've had a D10BX-D for a while now, excellent cab. I also have a S15-D and several other cabs (Nahas, EA, etc.) so it doesn't get much use. Josh, let me know when you're in the market for one;)

8. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    I have the 15" BE coax, and the *only* thing I don't like about it is its lack of a tweeter knob. It is a very good tweet, but sometimes I want less. The midrange punch of the 15 is awesome. I use a 100hz xover w/ an 18" EV on the bottom.

9. WinterBass

WinterBass

May 19, 2002
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Endorsing Artist: MTD
    Don't forget BagEnd's 6 year warranty! I blew the speaker in my 1x15 after having it for 5 1/2 years. They replaced it without question. It was definately my fault when it came to blowing it. I went to a gig thinking that it woud be a moderate volume job. Needless to say it wasn't. I pushed it way too far.

10. coyoteboy

coyoteboy easy there, Ned Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Sactomato, CA
    I'm really liking my Q10B-CUS (custom, it actually has that printed on the backplate). I don't really miss the tweet, and hey, now I can use the bright switch on the DB 680! An INFRA-18 is the next logical step, but thinking about it makes my wallet hurt.

11. Jeff Haley

Jeff Haley

May 17, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga.
    I have a Bag-end 212 cab and it is real good. Not as good as the Bergantino but still an excellent cab. It can handle lots of power and is built like a rock.

12. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    I've still got my D10X-D and my D12-D. I love those cabinets. But I'm using an Epifani T310 and a pair of Bergantino HT112's, lately.

I will hang on to the Bag Ends, though. There is just something about them that I really like. ;)

13. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Ok it seems like some of you are talking about 2 different cabinets. The BAG END D10X-D and BAG END D10BX-D I've see some of the D10X-D advertised as the older 12' deep version. Is this actually a bass cab? would they sound ok combined with a 15 cab like my S15 custom? Yes I'm still tinkering with my small, portable, modular, set up. I've decided to keep the S15custom and have bought a used SWR Goliath Jr. II to set on top of it for now. Still thinking a Bag End 210 cab is in the futuure for me at some point. Hey did I tell you I start my new job with a pay raise on monday? :D ;) I can feel the gas building :eek:

14. coyoteboy

coyoteboy easy there, Ned Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Sactomato, CA
    The original 12" deep Q10 (and D10) design was Pattitucci's, and it's a guess, but I think it was designed to pair with an ELF system for low end, as these two cabs roll off at 50hz @-6db. The newer deep versions roll off at 40hz. I think the 12" D10 also doubles as a gu!tar cab, and it's listed as such on the website under guitar cabs. I'll double check that...yep, D10-D, under guitar enclosures

15. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    I use to pair up a couple of D10X-D's(12" depth) and it was not a bad rig. The killer one was the D10X-D with an S15X pushed by an Eden WT-800, bi-ampped.

I used that rig as a paint remover for walls that were 50 feet away:eek: They were no slouch with the B string on my Sadowsky or 535, contrary to what the Bag End specs suggest. And the Bag Ends seemed like they were just warming up with that head.

16. DEVILMAN

DEVILMAN

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    Just picked up a D10B-D, the BEST 2x10 cab or any 10" cab for the matter that I've owned/played. Covers & does it all + loud as hell...

~S~