Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

bag end "deep red"

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 6-stringer, Jan 11, 2002.

1. 6-stringer

6-stringer Guest

Feb 5, 2000
    Roanoke,VA
    I'm thinking of buying a bag end "deep red" 4x10.
    Anyone had any experience with this box? or bag end gear in general? let me know what you think.

2. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I have a Bag End S15-D, which is their "Deep Red" single 15. I like it very much, enough to want a second one!

3. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Hey 6-stringer, just cruise down the page. There are several recent post on the Bag End cabs. I'm sure I've nauseated everyone with my raving about the cabs and company. Nil posted a very good approximation of the Bag End tone.

Also, do a search on Bag End. There should be lots of posts on these cabs.;)

4. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    I have one. Best cabinet I've ever played. Extremely articulate, extremely clear (if you want it to be ;)), EXTREMELY versatile, and has the best bass response/tone that I've ever heard. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Not much more needs to be said, because it really can sound like damn near anything. Check one out if you haven't, but I think they're the best thing made out there right now (that I've tried, of course). Bag End gets my thumbs up.

5. 6-stringer

6-stringer Guest

Feb 5, 2000
    Roanoke,VA
    Thanks. I tried one yesterday. Unbelievable cab. Looks like i'm going a grand in the hole.

6. SCT1422

SCT1422 Supporting Member

I use 2 of the S15-D's and the little bastards can rock.. All around great cabs and an excellent company to deal with... Steve...

7. Steven,

Small world: My wife is an N.T. girl...