Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bag End Elf M-1 Processor System

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Angus, Oct 2, 2000.

1. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Ok....so, how much? Everybody has been talking about it to me, but ive never gotten a price, and BassNW wont tell. They have a part of the system (which part escape me...the 1x18 cab maybe), but price isnt shown. Any help here? All ive heard from John is that its EXPENSIVE, and powerhungry. HOW power hungry? Anyone care to tell me anything about it? Thanks! The SOONER the better! :D

2. Speedbird

Speedbird Supporting Member

Jul 10, 2000
    Northern Virginia
    I checked out the ELF a few years ago: It is a whole system (high/mid-range cabinet + "x-over" + sub) designed to reproduce bass all the way down to 18hz! It looked cool, I forget the price of the cabs, but I was quoted a selling price on the ELF processor (x-over) of $500! I never looked any further. But this was several years ago and I'm shure you could get a package deal.
    RGDS

3. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Thanks!!!

Hey JT, you out there? I need help soon, as im ordering stuff this weekend!

4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    can't tell much more than i already have, angus. i figured what i needed, the closed box 18" plus the processor, was going to set me back about $1500, which at the time i didn't feel inclined to invest. besides, i am satisfied, for now, with the response of my yamaha sub.

one thing, there are 2 processors, m1 and m2, and one of them is about 1/2 the price of the other, and the cheaper one goes down to 18 Hz, as opposed to 8 Hz for the most expensive one. the cheaper one + the enclosed 18 cab was what i was looking at.

and 2 more words, power hog. but you knew that already. :D

5. VicDamone

VicDamone

Jun 25, 2000
    The ELF-M $900, 1-18" $6-700 and it wants 400 watts into 8 ohms.

6. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hey vic, that's the m2, right? the less expensive unit, right?

7. VicDamone

VicDamone

Jun 25, 2000
    Yes the M-2. The prices I mentioned are very general and rounded off.