1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bag End Help!!/Mixing Speaker Cabs?!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TrevorOfDoom, Oct 21, 2013.

1. TrevorOfDoom

TrevorOfDoom Supporting Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Austin, TX
    My trusty Bag End S15L finally bit the dust. It's my own fault. I've had this cab for several years and I've just neglected buying a second cab for the bigger gigs.
    I'm going to take the speaker into the shop and get it repaired, but I need a second cab to go with this one once it gets back.
    (Ideally I'd love to get a Greenboy Dually or NV215/NV412 and use the BE for small gigs and recording)
    Soooo here's the question: How do we think my S15L will pair with just a regular S15 cube?

Secondly, does anyone wanna sell to me a Bag End S15 for a good price? ;)

2. JGR

JGR The "G" is for Gustav Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 29, 2006
    Maryland
    President, CEO, CFO, CIO, Chief Engineer, Technician, Janitor - Reiner Amplification
    I'm pretty sure they use the same driver so if you aren't going to add an identical cab, that's probably the next best thing. I'm keeping mine though. ;)

3. TrevorOfDoom

Jun 17, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Nothing from the cabinet gurus?
    I'm a little saddened...

4. wave rider

wave rider

Jan 5, 2005
    There are lots of threads about Bag Ends and their combinations, just older threads. The Bags are not newest design, I will be keeping mine.

Seems like a S15 well go well with your S15L; a little deeper than an S15 stack, not as deep as an S15L stack. The S15 is also lighter than the S15L if that makes a difference.

Seems like I have heard tales of used Guitar Center good deals, I got one on Craigslist and one here on TalkBass.

Good Luck!
    =wr=

edit> I am the furthest person here from cabinet guru status...

5. TrevorOfDoom

Jun 17, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Secondary question: how big is the port on the back of the S15?

6. wave rider

wave rider

Jan 5, 2005
    Pretty sure it is the same size as the one on your S15L.

=wr=

7. TrevorOfDoom

Jun 17, 2007
    Austin, TX
    New plan: build my own!! I'm thinking we build an 18"x18"x18" cube, 3/4" birch or similar. We glue and screw the sides, sealing them as we go. We use corner bracing and inset the front baffle 3/4". 5" round port dead center in the back. Whatcha think?
    Anyone with WinISD care to run those numbers?

8. svtb15

svtb15 Banned

Mar 22, 2004
    Austin,TX - McKinney,TX - NY,NY, - Nashville,TN
    I play it all. Whatever works for the gig. Q+
    Hope someone gets to help you out.. I wanna know too