Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bag End Infra S18E-D

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by EastCoast Ed, Jul 30, 2003.

1. EastCoast Ed

EastCoast Ed

Dec 31, 2001
  2. mbeall

mbeall

Jun 25, 2003
    I use the ported version. The S18D. This is the tightest 18" cabinet I've ever heard. Better than some 15"s. I've used it a part as a BIAMP as well a full range and it is capable of both.
    The S18ED is for use with the ELF system so your looking at some big bucks as well as another cabinet to handle everything above 80Hz. I will say that the power ratings are very conservative and the sound is great but unless your playing arenas the S18ED with the ELF processor might be a bit much for a bass rig for your average clubs. It's likely to induce vomiting in small rooms.

Mike

3. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    They've renamed ELF to INFRA! Interesting. Wonder what changes they made.

Their web site seems to be a bit messed up, the INFRA-12 listing under "pro" takes you to the INFRA-12 Home page, and the INFRA-18 page is empty.

4. coyoteboy

coyoteboy easy there, Ned Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Sactomato, CA
    The changes probably have to do with licensing. AFAIK, Bag End (Modular Sound) didn't own the ELF technology. I was developed by Ron Wickersham of Alembic. I postulated that the patent ran out, and Bag End no longer has to pay for the ELF licensing and introduced thier own name for the same technology, INFRA, borrowing from the integrated sub modules that they had developed.

...but I might be way off...

maybe they're cheaper now??