1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Bag End Q10BX-D Cabinet - Memphis, TN

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Jeff K, Jan 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    This is one of the best-sounding cabinets I've ever used. Excellent condition. I have taken very good care of this thing. I'm just getting too old to lug it around anymore. This would have to be a local sale in the Memphis area, or somebody relatively close that we could meet in the middle with a reasonable drive. Too heavy for me to ship. This is an 8-ohm cabinet rated for 800 watts. But believe me, it can easily handle more. I was bridging my rack system at 1,000 watts and it was excellent. Crystal clear, even when you "whisper" on a song.

$475.00.

This needs somebody younger who doesn't mind a heavy cabinet. (Somebody like I USED to be!!) It's a bear at 96 pounds, but it does have casters on it.

If interested, PM me, and we can talk via phone to set something up. I can take some better pics if somebody is interested. I will also consider selling the rack system in the pic (except for the rack-tuner). For $900.00, you can have the whole ball of wax (power amp, preamp, power strip, 6-space rack, AND the cabinet). Great deal for somebody young and strong! Thanks.

100_0852.

2. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    Price drop bump!

3. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    Willing to drive a reasonable distance for any of you guys in Mississippi, Arkansas, Middle/Eastern Tennessee if you're looking for a killer rig.

4. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    Sunday-go-to-meeting bump...

5. smadder

smadder

Nov 13, 2004
    BUMP!! I can throw a hearty amen to everything said about this cab. I used to own one when I was younger as well. These came about through Bag End's collaboration with John Patitucci. It is heavy, but to this day it remains the best sounding cabinet I have ever owned, and everything I've had since then I still compare to this. It sounds EXACTLY like whatever you throw at it and it simply will not fart out on you. It can take a HUGE amount of wattage and not blink. If you are into distorted and filtered effects on your bass (a la Stuart Zender) you know how punishing it can be to your cabinets and how hard it is to find a cab that can handle that kind of frequency manipulation. This one can do it with ease and yet still translate the cleanest signal you want to put through it. Bag End really broke the mold with this, and I wish I was physically able to own one again. Back surgery was the ONLY reason I got rid of it. To this day I miss this cabinet and what it did for my tone. If you are looking at 8x10s or 6x10s or a really high-wattage 4x10 (and even multiple 12" or 15" cabs), this cabinet can stand with and handily trump any other out there. It is just that good. And at this price with casters already installed... someone is going to be the happiest player on the planet.

6. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    Thanks smadder. Very well stated. Awesome cab. I might have a deal pending on it. I'll know more later on.

The rack amp system is still available for a local deal.

7. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    Cabinet is sold. Thanks Dan!

I'm closing this thread. I'll open a new thread for the rack system. (This thread had a title pertaining to the cabinet, so it's no longer applicable.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.