Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bag End Q10X-D. Some questions.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Cosmo_Smallpiece, May 11, 2003.

1. I got a bag End Q10X-D out of Free-ads. Most of the Bag End posts here talk about the Q10BX-D. Is the Q10X-D an obsolete model. Does anyone know how old it is. Not that it's a big deal. Just curious.

Also it doesn't seem to like being driven hard. I put a Trace AH400 into it and at any volume above about 5 on the output level it makes unhappy farting flapping noises. As this is the first 4x10 I've owned I'm not too sure what to expect. But I would've thought it should handle a 400w amp with no problem at all. I've had it checked out at the Bass Centre and they say it's ok.

I'd be interested to hear of anyone's experience with these cabs.

2. LJW

LJW

Feb 8, 2002
    northeastern pa.

Josh is correct on all counts.

It may not be your enclosure. As Mr. Walsh has done, I also run a lot of power into Bag End cabinets and they always stay clean and smooth.

3. Mmm interesting. Could be my playing technique - or lack of it - I do play with a lot of welly. It's a passive bass so it can't be that. Might be a good idea to get my amp checked out too.

Thanks for your replies.