Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bag End S12D for URB????

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by DaveB, May 17, 2002.

1. DaveB

DaveB

Mar 29, 2000
    Toronto Ontario
    I have a Bag End S15D that I use for small and medium size gigs for both upright and electric. I like it a lot but with the URB it's a bit boomy at the bottom. I have an opportunity to get a S12D which I'm thinking of using for the URB only. Any thoughts based on your experience??

2. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    I prefer 12" speaker for The Bass myself. I'm using a 10" now, which works great in the types of rooms that you play here in NYC, but when I get out of town and play bigger, dryer rooms, the 10" is a little thin for me. I've tried 15"'s along the way and they tend to be mushy and bottom heavy.

3. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    For loud doubling gigs, I use a 12" EA Cab for the top end and a Bag end 15" cab (not sure of the model #) for the bottom. I only carry this rig for LOUD doubling gigs, and the 15" provides presence and support. By itself, it sounds kind of crappy in a muddy sort of way. But combined with the high-end presence of the EA, it's the best of both worlds. If I were to only have one cab for the purpose you describe, it would be a 12" cab. But if you can afford to hang on to your Bag End cab AND get a 12" cab in addition, you'd be armed for bear whenever you wanted/needed to be.