Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bag End S15-D + Aguilar GS 112 Stack?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by philthygeezer, Jul 28, 2005.

1. philthygeezer

philthygeezer

May 22, 2002
    Ever try this combo? I wonder if the mid bump on the the Bag End would complement the scooped sound of the GS112, or if it would just sound like crap.

The Aggie is 19" wide and the BE is 18.5" wide. Would they fit on the front cab corners?

2. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    Never tried it. I was considering pairing my S15-d with an aggie perhaps. i was thinking their 212. But after many comments from other wiser players than myself- I added another BE S15x-d, and I've never been happier with my tone. I've heard an S15 & S12 stack makes a sweet combo too.

3. RHFusillo

RHFusillo Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2000
    Phoenix, AZ
    I have an older Bag End single-15 cabinet (S-15C, I think -- purchased in the early 1990's). For my "loud rig," I use it with an Aguilar GS-112. They complement eachother well, I would say. I get all the mids and all of the bottom end that I want. They do not stack together perfectly, but that does not bother me.

I used to own a Bag End S-12D cabinet, and like the Aguilar MUCH better, both by itself and with the S-15.