Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bag End S15-d & Avatar Neo 210

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DopplerShift, Mar 8, 2006.

1. DopplerShift

DopplerShift

Apr 19, 2005
    Chicago Area
    Anyone have any opinions on this setup? I'd otherwise go with an Avatar 212 delta & Avata neo 210.

I'd be playing a Stingray through a Fender BXR 300 head.

2. wolfs

wolfs

Jan 18, 2006
    nyc
    You see, you got it all wrong ;) very few, if any, people will have had the chance to try out a specific combination of, in this case, cabs from different manufacturers. What you need to do is say that I've got a _____ amp and I play _______ bass(es). I've got $______ to spend. The stupid guitarist in my __________ band plays a ___________ combo / halfstack. I'm looking for something that sounds punchy / growly / rumbly / throaty / sparkling / monolithic / clean / tubby / tight / scooped / scary / other (pick at least two whether or not they make sense together)...

Then the rest of us get to overload you with options of gear that we wish we could buy or that we have bought and wish we could spend more time with... and we get to tell you to use the search function to research all the aforementioned options... then you're left with an even less clear idea of what it was you were looking for in the first place :D

(Seriously, though, if have a question about specific gear, it's best to be as specific as possible about why you're drawn to those two cabs separately and together... the wealth of knowledge on this site can help you narrow down possibilities, but your own ears in the end should be deciding factor in any substantial purchases :bassist:)

3. DopplerShift

DopplerShift

Apr 19, 2005
    Chicago Area
    Well, I know your right about being vague, but I just don't like wordy threads where you have to read a novel to get through it.

Anyhow, I was looking for something that has nice low end to compliment my neo 210, and I found this cheap bag end s15d on instrument exchange for 200 bucks. But it looked pretty beat up, so I deceided not to get it.

So then I was thinking delta 212 had good low end but was perhaps to midrangy for me, but I dont know how they really sound since I dont have one.

Instead I went for an avatar neo 115 because its light, and I tend to like 15s. They had a few left in 8 ohms, so I got one of the last ones.

But, anyways, thanks for the warm welcome.:meh:

4. Theoretically, it sounds like a gig-worthy setup. I have a BXR300 combo w/a B210 delta for my rehearsal room & It's a capable rig, imo. I'm positive it would sound even better w/the Bag End on the bottom. I also have a B212 Neo used w/a more powerful head & different 210 and it's primo for a modern tone. You'd benefit more from a more powerful head if you go the 212 route.

5. wolfs

wolfs

Jan 18, 2006
    nyc
    don't get the wrong impression... I used your vague question as a jumping off point to lovingly parody this board. in no way do I mean to discourage you from posting, but more info is always better... that said, the Bag End 15 doesn't have a reputation for lows, but others would be better able to give you their opinions on that as I haven't yet had the pleasure to play (but, by God, I'll figure out a way yet!)... :)

6. Mikefish07

Mikefish07

Apr 6, 2003
    I use an Eden WT550 with a BagEnd S15D and EA CXL112L. I can say for a fact that the BagEnd is louder than the EA even though the specs would say otherwise. I know the specs says 200W and not great bottom range but when I gig with it, it sure sounds lower and louder than my EA and SWR Goliath Jr. I'm always surprised by the S15D because it's my least expensive cabinet. It's also the lightest and very compact.