Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bag End S15-D vs. Aguilar GS112?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jock, Feb 23, 2002.

1. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Quite a few of you guys have bought or played the GS112 but I haven´t seen any comparisons with the popular BE S15-d. They are priced almost the same. Whats the sounddifference? Pros and cons etc...

2. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    I've found that the Aguilar's brighter, while the Bag End gets better lows. :)

Personally, I love the Bag End 15's. Perticularly the S15-D. :)

3. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    In my experience the Bag End is a very hi-fi sounding cab. Very clear and articulate. However, the highs sound somewhat synthetic. The Aguilar has a much more organic natural tone. Both are good. It depends on what you want to sound like. Try em!:)

4. basss

basss

Aug 27, 2001
    NYC
    I asked the same question a while ago.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30676

I ended up going with the gs112. Definitely listen to both if you can. They are both great cabs. I a/b'd a gs112 and a s15x-d (15 w/tweeter). The bag end had a noticable drop of in volume on the notes below low E on a 5 string. Others at this forum swear by the s15's ability to handle 5 strings so you should try it for yourself.