1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bag End S15B-D bass cabinet (the deep one)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by top028, Oct 10, 2013.

1. top028

top028

Dec 14, 1999
    Lancaster, PA
    If you clicked on this, you probably know what you are looking at, but....This great sounding cabinet has served me well, and I am sad to part with it, but I have to say goodbye to my hoarding ways! It sits around waiting for me to buy a bi-amp rig, however thats probably not going to happen anytime soon. I have taken up the double bass, and I have different needs now, so I am hoping to raise funds to get a better live sound.

This cabinet is built like a tank out of 3/4 birch and custom clamps to mount an amazingly efficient (103 db for one watt!) 15" driver. This cabinet has amazing low end, very natural sounding with present, but smooth mids. This cabinet is very versatile I have played every thing from jazz, blues rock, and reggae gigs with it solo, but usually with my 2x10. There is a port cover included that is part of the design. I use is most with the port open, to improve the low end response of my 100 watt tube amp, but for higher wattage amps the port cover would bring out chest thumping punch. Check the specs on thier site http://www.bagend.com/bagend/s15b-d.htm
    There is one tear in the dark burgundy carpet and the bag end tag on the grill is missing, but overall the cab is in good shape. I would prefer not shipping this cab. I live in Lancaster PA and regularly gig in Baltimore MD.

I am asking $300

Gear I have GAS for: 300 watt class D head, Peterson strobe pedal, Radial DI box, Guitar or bass tube amps, Leslie speaker, Rhodes or Wurlitzer, in working or non working condition (blues junior etc)

Attached Files:

2. morebass!

morebass! I'm all ears Supporting Member

May 31, 2002
    Madison WI
    Great cab. I use one for a sub and for bass guitar. Sounds great with the port plugged and a B1500 driving it.

3. top028

top028

Dec 14, 1999
    Lancaster, PA
    $250 we are getting into driver cost territory...

4. I have a tube guitar combo that I could offer, it's built by bartell amps under the natural music guild name. There isn't much I could find other than it's about 15 watts has that nice tube grit when cranked and played with for guitar and it cleans up nicely for quiet bass pratice sessions. Great amp I just don't use it.

5. ah just read no shipping, sorry! free bump

6. top028

top028

Dec 14, 1999
    Lancaster, PA
    That amp sounds interesting. The pics online look really cool. What model? if I could find schematics I can work with it. I can ship, but prefer not to, since its 70lbs. I would have to charge you for the shipping. Where are you located?

7. It actually is none of the models that are online. It has the treble bass and volume knob you see on most of them as well as a speed and depth for the tremolo with a 12 inch speaker. I've e-mailed the Bartell site a couple of times to see if I could get any info on it but have yet to get a response. I can get you some high res pictures sometime this week if you'd like to see it. I'm in El Paso Texas 79932, that sounds fair if you could get me an estimate on shipping that'd be awesome.