1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bag End S15D, Needs a Good Home!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Count Bassie, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Count Bassie

Count Bassie Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Smithfield, RI
    Major Edit: The Bag Ends are staying, and are no longer for sale. I'd like to offer a brief explanation...

I've had a personal crisis; money has been an issue. I've been hard under the gun; work, or lack of it, has been a nightmare, and we've had a mounting shadow over us here at home. I've just gotten past it now with the appearance of some decent work, and it looks like we'll be able to breathe awhile. I've got explaining to do on more than one forum- now that I've got a couple folks interested in it I'm pulling the awkward move of deciding not to sell it! It's been a rough month or two, and I've hedged and hawed over this before.

I'm going to go make some bread, cool my jets, and stay out of the loop awhile. I'm sure I've made myself neon "Caution" hat in the presence of many! Anyhow, apologies to those whom I've disappointed.

2. ghiadub

ghiadub Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2006
    Auburn, CA
    Good dealio bump. Plus the count is a stand up dude.

I have two of these and they seem to work well in tandem.

3. Count Bassie

Jun 10, 2006
    Smithfield, RI
    Thanks for the bump and the kind word, Ghiadub, however I have to add some info here... Edit, see post below.

4. Count Bassie

Jun 10, 2006
    Smithfield, RI
    Okay here's the disclosure concerning one of the cabs:

I think it's from a glass of whiskey that hit the deck in front of the amp at a gig, which explains, perhaps, the pretty evident presence of staining... I'm sorry... the swirls are from wiping the cone with a slightly damp, soft rag to remove dust. Probably didn't need to do that, but it's not damage. Just came out hard in the flash.
    BeerBagEnd.gif

And this is a raised bump in the cone. Turns out it's not a tear or glued repair at all- I can discern no break in the material. It's just a bump, an imperfection,... really don't know. If I were a guy who worked in the manufacture of speakers I might know.
    ImperfectionBagEndcone.gif

There are a couple "pressure marks" on the sides of the cab, visible in the top picture, from having been strapped to a handtruck for moving to/from gigs, etc. The cab in the above pix is the bottom one.
    AmpCart1.gif

There is evidently no considerable compromise to the cone at all, never minding the stain there. Maybe it affects the cone's performance, but I can't tell you about that. The dang thing sounds good to me. So it's up on the block with its mate for consideration. Thanks for your patience, and forbearance in this detail...

5. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Unfortunately, I believe you have to post a price as per forum classifieds rules!

6. Count Bassie

Jun 10, 2006
    Smithfield, RI
    Price has been posted, thanks. This ad has been through a couple changes already! Wonder if I should re-post...

7. Count Bassie

Jun 10, 2006
    Smithfield, RI