1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bag End S15LX-D and S15L-D

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by millard, Mar 21, 2006.

1. millard

millard

Jul 27, 2004
    SoCal
    *** LOWER PRICE -- LIMITED TIME ***

Assuming you are in the continental US, I'll do $777 shipped for the pair of speakers. Last chance for TBers before I go to other venues to sell them.

I am willing to split them, I'll relist them later separately, but for now this will do: $400 for the coax with the cover, $300 for the non-coax with the wheels. Both still under warranty for about 3 more years. These are the larger cabs that will stack well with other Bag End cabs and have a bit more low-end.

---

Two cabinets in near perfect shape, one coax, one not. The one is actually an S15-CUS (for custom, a designation that preceded the S15L-D). One is on wheels, one has a cover (that may seem silly, but if the bottom one had a cover, you could not roll them like a stack). The LX-D used to have wheels, so there are 4 holes from the caster in the bottom near the feet. You could easily put wheels on it if you wanted to.

The L-D cabs are a bit larger form factor and will stack with the other Bag End cabs better than the normal size 15s. If I recall correctly, the low end response goes a bit lower than the regular 15s. They are 8-ohm cabs, but act like 4-ohm if you run them parallel. They are wonderful cabinets, but I have too many cabs, so something's gotta go. See bagend.com for additional details.

As you can see in the pics, I have the original shipping boxes as well, though I would prefer a SoCal meet-and-greet to save me the trouble and you the cost of shipping. But if you really want them, I'll ship them as long as you pay actual costs. I much prefer to sell them as a pair -- one of them on the floor takes up about as much room as the two stacked.

Very rarely gigged, mostly used in home studio. These cabs are about 3 years old with about 3 years left on their warranty. HOWEVER, I'm having a hard time finding the warranty cards and cannot promise that I will ever find them. I emailed Bag End and they said, lacking the paperwork, they will still cover the cabs based on serial numbers and date codes. You shouldn't have any trouble with them anyway, but if you do, they are covered. I will provide serial numbers to interested parties.

$700 plus costs associated with the transfer (e.g., PayPal fees, shipping).

Millard

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. bino

bino

Jun 27, 2002
    Orange County
    Very interesting. I don't see any mention of this model on their website. They look only slightly bigger than the standard models. Do you know the dimensions and weight? I'm about as far from So. Cal as one can be, but still interested.

3. millard

millard

Jul 27, 2004
    SoCal
    You can find them in the "End User Pricing Guide" on the Sales and Services page. This link should get you to the PDF, scroll down to the Musical Instruments section, page 14.

http://www.bagend.com/bagend/downloads/FEB05user_full.pdf

Here's the snippet from that page:

S15L
    Transducer: 15" cone
    Dimensions: 18.5"h x 22.5"w x 18.5"d
    Weight: 60 lbs. (with AX-HI drive add 6 lbs.)

They don't feel that heavy to me, but maybe I'm getting stronger from carrying the heavier cabs to gigs. :)

My understanding is that they originally made some of these either to order or as an experiment (hence the one marked -CUS) and it went over well enough that they added them to the product line. Not sure why it doesn't appear as an option on their web site (though I've been going to their web site for years and I'm not sure it has ever changed).

Millard

4. millard

millard

Jul 27, 2004
    SoCal
    Here is an email response I received from Bag End regarding warranty on the speakers:
    ---
    If he has an original receipt, definitely get it from him. But if not, we will still cover items based on serial numbers and date codes.

Regards,

Craig Lockwood
    Bag End Loudspeakers
    craig@bagend..com
    847 382 4550

5. millard

millard

Jul 27, 2004
    SoCal
    bump. Going to eBay before long if no one here wants them.

Thanks...Millard

6. millard

millard

Jul 27, 2004
    SoCal
    I am willing to split them, I'll relist them later separately, but for now this will do: $400 for the coax with the cover, $300 for the non-coax with the wheels. Both still under warranty for about 3 more years. These are the larger cabs that will stack well with other Bag End cabs and have a bit more low-end.

Thanks...Millard

7. Larry99

Larry99

Aug 17, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    man, if I lived closer to SoCal (or you lived closer to Philly) I might bite on that non-coax....

whats it cost to ship something like that? I'm guessing it's not worth it.:crying:

8. millard

millard

Jul 27, 2004
    SoCal
    I did a shipping quote to Virginia yesterday and it was a bit under $50. If you want a Bag End 15", IMO, this is the one, because it approximates the size of other cabs (so you can stack it) and can dig a bit deeper. If you look at the retail on these cabs, you can get the pair, still under warranty, shipped to your door for less than the coax would cost by itself new. I'm sure I'll regret selling them someday.

They sound so good I'm going to use them again at practice tonight (may be my last time) to try out a new Yorkville amp I picked up on eBay.

Millard

9. millard

millard

Jul 27, 2004
    SoCal
    last bump before they go to the 'bay.

10. millard

millard

Jul 27, 2004
    SoCal
    Really the last bump. Now that I'm back from Spring Break, it is time to move these cabs.