Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bag-End

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MrFortuneCookie, Nov 2, 2001.

1. What do you guys think of bag-end bass cabs and heads? Are they good? How do they compare do the other high end companies?

2. Robert B

Robert B Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2000
    Hampton, Va USA
    Hey Cruise4 -- Can you really get any bottom end from those cabs? I've been thinking of adding one of the Bagend 15's to my SWR goliath jr. to round out the bottom a bit, but given the compact size of the cabs, it's hard for me to see how they could sound deep. What's your opinion?

3. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    My S15-D is deep enough for me...

4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    And you can get the ELF system with a subwoofer for super-lowend.

But it'll ruin you.

5. Robert B

Robert B Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2000
    Hampton, Va USA
    HeavyDuty -- Do you think it would give me more bottom than another 2 X10's?

6. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I don't know if I'm really qualified to say for sure, but I'd think it would. But, then again, I've always been a 15" kinda guy!

7. can someone explain the elf system to me. I thought maybe to get a 18" and a 410 by Bag-End. So obviously i would want the elf system, but how does it work exactly. Do you run the preamp to it, and then the elf to the power amp i guess?

8. VicDamone

VicDamone

Jun 25, 2000
    Your a smart Cookie, Thats exactly how it's done. The ELF processors have two balanced inputs, and depending which model, one or two balanced outputs. Providing the ELF system with a dedicated power amplifier/channel is recomended.