1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bag End

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jeffjones, Apr 17, 2010.

1. 2 S-10s. Very portable, and sound incredible!
    IMG_0003-1.

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Awesome!

3. I also have a pair of s-12s, if I want to hurt someone.

4. minuseri

minuseri Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Jun 22, 2004
    Thats real nice. Do the s12s have the coax? Do you ever use the 10s and 12s together. I have always loved Bag End. Just could never find an s12 with a coax

5. jakedimmick

jakedimmick

Feb 10, 2010
    Windsor, ON
    Love S-10s. If I can find one, that's my next purchase once I get a little more scratch together.

6. I just bought the S10-D brand new for $309. It had to be ordered from Bag End by an authorized dealer, though (Leos Audio in Oakland CA), because not too many stores stock these. I actually didn't know they made them because I'd never seen one (even online), so I emailed Bag End, and they sent me a list of dealers and said they are currently in production. They are not listed on the Bag End website, however. Anyway, I was surprised at how relatively inexpensive it was. The S10X-D (on top) with the co-ax speaker goes for $480 retail.

7. I've never seen an S12 with a co-ax speaker. That doesn't mean they aren't made-I've just never seen one.

I've used the S10X-D with the S12, and that also sounds great. I have yet to play through a Bag End bass cabinet that I didn't like. I have owned the D12, D10, Q10, and S15. The D10X-D is my favorite, but it's just a little bulky and too heavy. This double S10 setup is a perfect compromise. It sounds great, and is really easy to carry around.

8. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    What's the size and weight of the 10's?

9. The S10X-D is 13.5"h x 14.5"w x 12"d
    Weight: 27 lb

The S10-D has the same dimensions, but is a couple pounds lighter.

10. Freddels

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    Interesting. I love my S15-D's but they're a bit heavy to carry for URB gigs. I also want something light to go with my Rob Allen Mouse.

11. Freddels

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    Is the port size on these 10's the same size as on the other cabs? I know the S15-D has the same size port as the S15B-D.

12. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    the S15 has a different port size than the S12 and D12. I'm pretty sure the S10/D10/Q10 all use a similar size port to my D12 and old S12.

The S15B and S18B are front vent with vent covers.

13. The port size on the 10s are the same size as the 12s, which are smaller than the 15s.

14. fretno

fretno Supporting Member

May 10, 2009
    Los Angeles
    My kinda rig !
    rig1.
    :bassist:

15. wave rider

wave rider

Jan 5, 2005
    I thought I remember reading about a sealed version of the S10; anyone know any details?

=wr=

16. I've played one. Appearance was identical to the S10s above. It was not loud or rich sounding IIRC.

17. wave rider

wave rider

Jan 5, 2005
    Thanks!

I've been wondering about a topper for a S15LX-D...

=wr=