Bag for Ampeg PF 350

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by wintremute, Nov 1, 2016.

Tags:
  1. wintremute

wintremute mediocrity at its finest

Oct 16, 2014
    Vegas
    Endorsing Artist: Langstrom Carrot Farms
    I'm getting an Ampeg PF 350, and I was wondering if anyone had a good suggestion for a travel bag for it. I saw the official one, but the review for it on Musician's Friend showed (with pics) that it doesn't do a good job of keeping it safe.

Any other suggestions?

2. Just use any old bag you can find... old-hag-small1.jpg

b-b-b-bass and Killed_by_Death like this.
  3. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

laptop bag, then you'll have room for cables, cord & bits & bobs.

alley-air.jpg

b-b-b-bass, pie_man_25 and wintremute like this.
  4. wintremute

wintremute mediocrity at its finest

Oct 16, 2014
    Vegas
    Endorsing Artist: Langstrom Carrot Farms
    Good idea.

Killed_by_Death likes this.
  5. I actually built my pf-500 into a plywood box one afternoon. It didn't take any fancy tools or anything - just don't 1/4" plywood and scraps of whatever for a handle. I then painted it black with a yellow "x" on one side, with my initials on the other.

The thing looks like crap, but it protects the head, doesn't add a lot of weight, cost me basically nothing other than an afternoon, and could be easily seen and described if somebody tries to walk off with it. Even if it they take it out of the case I still have the rubber feet and serial number.

I've honestly never worried about other musicians taking stuff - they're pretty awesome about it. But people's cars and trailers get broken into sometimes, and I try to take precautions. This, and the amp not really having a convenient handle were reasons for the thing.

wintremute likes this.
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021