Bag the quiver?

Discussion in 'Bows and Rosin [DB]' started by tornadobass, Apr 8, 2005.

1. tornadobass

tornadobass Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    Iowa City, Iowa
    Endorsing Artist: Black Diamond & SuperSensitive strings
    Just curious, for those of you using a quiver, do you leave it on when you bag up the bass?

I just got my first one and am finding it takes a couple of tries to hang it just right. I'd prefer to leave it on once it's there and there seems to be room in the bag for it.
  2. Ben Rose

Ben Rose

Jan 12, 2004
    Yes. I leave it on.
  3. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    FAUX- you passed up a perfectly good chance to sell someone a hardshell quiver box AND nylon quiver box cover.
  4. I also leave the quiver on. My bag goes over it pretty easily.
  5. ClassicalDB

ClassicalDB Guest

Apr 9, 2005
    Beverly Hills
    Ya a quiver is usually a relatively small piece of letter. Also, when your hanging it dont be freaked out if its not 100% tight and it goes back and forth a bit. I don't think theres a way for it to be tight enough that it wont be move. Generally, a bass case should easily fit over the quiver.
  6. I, too, leave my quiver on. The gig bag fits over it with little effort... which is good, because I'm a lazy S.O.B. :smug:
  7. Ike Harris

Ike Harris

May 16, 2001
    Nashville TN
    If you tie the top leather ties between the middle two holes from the back of the tailpiece all the way taut and tie the bottom ones around the tailgut, you should have a fairly tight fitting quiver that will keep your bow pretty stable and will be easier to pack in the case.

8. KSB - Ken Smith

KSB - Ken Smith Banned Commercial User

Mar 1, 2002
    Perkasie, PA USA
    Owner: Ken Smith Basses, Ltd.
  9. Damon Rondeau

Damon Rondeau Journeyman Clam Artist Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2002
    Winnipeg, baby
    I've got one of those Kaces III bags and a Christopher hybrid. The bag fits the bass very well but, with the quiver attached, the good fit is gone. It's a hassle getting it into the bag with the quiver attached.

My solution? Ditch the quiver. Ain't gonna last forever, though.