Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

BagEnd Crossover Fuse?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by OnederTone, May 2, 2003.

1. OnederTone

OnederTone Aguilar Everywhere Gold Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Thornton, CO
    I have a BagEnd D10BX-D (2x10 w/coax tweeter) That I use for gigs... The last 2 times I've used it the sound seems so muffled, like there's a blanket over the speakers, I'm wondering if I have blown the protection circuit of the coax horn... but since it lives in the band trailer, I haven't been able to get to it to take a look...

SWR and Eden (as well as others) used to use light bulbs for the horn protection... Does anyone know what BagEnd uses? Does any one know what I should look for?

2. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    If you'd like, I'll call Bag End when they open - I'm local to them.

3. you should just email them, they're very quick about getting back to customers.

4. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    OK, per Dan at Bag End just now, there's no tweeter protection circuit in your cab. He said tweeter problems would usually require the replacement of the diaphragm, which is something you can easily do in the field.

However, he asked if it is still under their 6 year warranty. If yes, give them a call and they’ll give you a hand.

If it's out of warranty, the diaphragm kit is about $95. Their phone is (847) 382-4550.

Good luck!

5. OnederTone

OnederTone Aguilar Everywhere Gold Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Thornton, CO
    Thanks guys!!! that's service above and byond the call...

ek