Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

BAII Saddle

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by lightofmind, Apr 3, 2004.

1. Not sure if this is the correct place for this...

I just recently got a "project" bass (a SX SPB-62) that I intend to use until I can actually save enough cash to buy the bass I *really* want.

I don't really want to spend too much money on this bass, in terms of upgrading it, since I will only use it for a while, and, at that point, it will be relegated to back-up status. However, a buddy of mine is giving me a BAII bridge for free. The free part comes because a saddle is missing on the bridge.

Number one, how would I go about finding a replacement saddle for it, and number two, is it worth the trouble?

I'm a new bassist (I played guitar for 15 years, before succumbing to the primal desire to shake the floor...) and I will possibly be gigging with the SX until I save enough money. (Might be a year away).

Thoughts?

Thanks!

2. http://www.leoquan.com/html/welcome.html

For spare parts and replacements &
    OEM, Distributor, and Wholesale pricing,
    please contact:

Bruce Paine
    Director of Marketing
    bruce@leoquan.com

Once you receive a new saddle you will need to either file the slot for the string yourself or have a good tech do the work. I suggest having a tech do this.

I did a search and found ten pages about this topic!

[​IMG]
    Treena