1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bakithi Khumalo on TOur with Paul Simon

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Dr. Cheese, May 12, 2011.

1. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
  2. Watch Carefully

Watch Carefully

Jan 21, 2009
    Media, PA
    What a nice guy--friendly and full of life and smiles. He sat in with his wife's band 8/14 at Musikfest in Bethlehem, PA. Quite a pleasure to hear him play and to chat with him about basses, touring and music.

Haven't had the pleasure of seeing him with Paul Simon, but my father-in-law saw the Philly show last month and loved it.

Hope to see/hear him again. At one point he was playing 5-str and another fellow was playing 6-str. I joked with his wife that she needs me to round out the roster on 4-string.
    :smug:

3. AlvarHanso

AlvarHanso

Jun 20, 2011
    What a fantastic bass player! Graceland is an amazing album, and Bhakithi is one of the main reasons why!

4. edmidlifecrisis

edmidlifecrisis Registered mediocre bass player Supporting Member

He's playing a u-bass for some songs too. He was playing it when Simon was on Saturday Night Live.

PS He is fantastic!

5. UnfortunateTony

UnfortunateTony

Jul 26, 2010
    Seattle
    That dude is AMAZING. Some incredible basslines. Plus, he can make a bass sound like a tuba. How cool is that?!

:p

6. duckman

duckman

Jan 16, 2011
    Ghent Belgium
    Bakitha's playing on his humble Washburn is the perfect proof that you don't need a posh boutique bass or a 3K vintage instrument to create a superb tone and inspire countless basslovers. That man puts everything in perspective.