Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by mikemulcahy, May 10, 2001.

1. mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    I am sure this has been asked before so if someone would be so kind as to direct me, I would be most appreciative.

I have a new Shecter AB-1 ( thanks Deynn) but its a little top heavy. In other words the neck drops like a rock when I let go. Any suggestions?

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hey doc

you might be able to mount shoulder strap a bit higher on the back of the bass, closer to where your arm rests on the body.

or you could get one of them long straps and attach it to the headstock, like those 60's singer/songwritters used to with their acoustic guitars.

on second thought, maybe that's not such a good idea.

seriously, though, try moving the strap pin higher up on the back edge of the body.
  3. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    What are the tuners like? If they're something you want to replace you can get some Hipshot Ultralite tuners at Lightening up the tuners may help a little bit.
  4. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Know one guy in town, who had a neck heavy bass...he "fixed" it by getting lighter tuners, then attaching weights to the bass (in control cavity, on top of pots, etc). I wouldn't do that in a million years, but maybe putting some wieghts (don't know HOW you would do this) to your strap near the bridge.

That's just a idea. Don't read anymore into it. I'm not gonna try it. I'll let someone else...