Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Balanced, Med Scale, Acc & Elec?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by mchlstrt, Jan 15, 2005.

1. mchlstrt

mchlstrt

Jan 15, 2005
    I'm playing Doghouse-style Slap on a couple of Resonator Basses, a fretless National & a fretted Regal. They both call for 34-1/2 to 35-1/2 ish windings.

The usual floppy E to tight D & G approach is causing me trouble. I'm looking for tensional balance, or even lighter in the high end.

I was excited about LaBella for the Electrics because they make a range of guages, but the set of DTB Flats I got had windings from 34-5/8 down to 33(?). Anyone know if this is their standard? I've heard good things about them from people I respect so maybe my question was incoherent.

I'd like to keep accoustics on the National. There's even less info available on Bronze Strings regarding tension & scale length. It seems some folks feel they're soft enough to just cut & wrap, & since these were the only strings TI didn't specify scale for I 'assumed' (& you know what that makes me) this might be the case with them. The package says otherwise, & they feel like it would probably be a bad idea.

Imagoankrazy, & I welcome (almost) any thoughts or info.

Thanks

strt