Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Balancing Multiple Bass Ouputs

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Davethebassguy, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Davethebassguy

Davethebassguy

Jan 23, 2004
    Oceanside, CA U.S.A.
    Endorsing Artist: Mono Cases, Gruv Gear and Best-Tronics Pro Audio
    Okay, here's the problem:

I have three main basses I love to use, and I tend to switch between them often during shows. The problem is that each one has a very different output level. I have 2 matched up pretty well now, thanks to trim pots. However, one bass, my favorite, has a much lower output than the other 2. I'm looking for a good tool (pedal, DI, etc.) that would give me multiple preset levels that I could switch between.

Any ideas? Basically, I just want to balance the output levels of my three main basses so that I'm not adjust my head's input gain every time I switch instruments.

2. Radial engineering tonebone bassbone it has two in and one out and a bunch of controls to match one input with the other. Some times they have them for sale in the Dudes e-bay store on the Dude pit.

3. You could put a preamp in the low-output bass. If, as I suspect, two of the basses are active and one is passive, you're going to have to add another gain stage of some sort on the passive one.