1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bald and balding men unite

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Ericman197, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
    It's been a while since we've had one of these threads, so let's go!

I first started losing hair towards the end of high school, but it didn't become noticeable until I was 19. AI was getting lots of hair on my pillow on a regular basis, and I knew that I had been stricken with a terrible, incurable affliction.

I kept cutting my hair shorter in the hopes that... well, I don't know why I did it, but that's what I did. Now I shave my head with a buzzer set to 1, and you can clearly see the hair has receded quite a bit. I also have the bald spot thing going on in the back, with all the hair on the top of my head looking thin.

So what do you guys do to cope? I keep cutting my hair shorter, next stop is the Bic :eek:

Is this the wrong approach? Should I try to give it one last hurrah?

Pics, from oldest to newest:

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/8326/beginningff1.jpg
    so much hair

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/7033/n34803066301737764180oh1.jpg
    thinning in the front

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/5220/baldinglf4.jpg
    shorter hair, no longer noticable?

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/8706/n34803423311750628971el7.jpg
    even shorter hair, not noticable except from behind and on top

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/8806/baldpm9.jpg
    very little hair

2. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Perhaps more worrying than your hair loss is your attire in that second picture! :confused:

I'm not going bald myself, but my condolences to those who are.

3. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
    Hahahaha yeah I wish I had normal pictures of myself. I had a wig too ;)

4. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Australia
    Mine was very noticable by 21, though I'd seen signs before it, so I just bit the bullet and shaved my head, very uncommon for the time if you weren't a neo-Nazi.

Since then, depending upon need and/or laziness I shave it somewhere between daily and twice weekly. Takes about 3 mins in the shower and my technique for doing it without cuts has refined so bloodletting is rare. I can even do it with a straight edge if I need to, though I'd rather not. I prefer Mach 3 razors.

5. Hi.

Grow a beard?

My hairline keeps escaping and there's a thinning large spot on the top of my head, but no worries for me :p.

I do have enough facial- and body hair to compensate for the loss of hair mass in the more windy areas.

Regards
    Sam

6. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Australia
    I saw cleavage; ws there something else in shot?

I didn't check out the pics before my first post, but after having seen them, I think I've found the perfect solution for you......

paperbag.

7. rfclef

rfclef

Jan 19, 2007
    Woodburn, Oregon
    Yep... hairline retreating... about 2.5 years ago i shaved it to see if my head was normally shaped enough to pull it off. Never went back. Cheaper than Rogaine. I have had a beard for most of the last 15 years or so... I hate shaving, but the bald head looks better than the receding hair line.

8. jongor

jongor

Jan 11, 2003
    Maine
    Daddy's little girl?!?!?

9. I just realized i have never shown my ugly mug on Talk Bass before...and i also realize this is possible photoshop fodder but oh well...

The majority of my life I have ALWAYS had long hair.....one day i was paying bills and balancing my check book and noticed what i was spending monthly on hair products, not to mention the time it took me every day to get ready....so i started wearing it in a ponytail 99% of the time....then i moved to Texas where it is really OMFG Hot and muggy, so i started shaving just the underside....anyway long story short it got old quick so one day i woke up and shaved it all off (though the wife kept the pony tail) and I haven't looked back either

mennikhair.
    before

baldyman.
    after

I say shave it all off and be done with it....besides it get way more women walking up to touch my bald head 10x more than i ever did to play with my hair....

my .02

10. (Bump)

Damn I post my pics and the thread dies...lol

11. HollowBassman

HollowBassman

Jun 24, 2007
    Hancock, MD
    My hair has started getting thin. I'm not really happy about it; I just have to accept that it's a side effect of being so darn manly.

12. improvement?

yes.

13. After is much better. Before looks like a creepy comic book nerd that hasn't left his mom's basement in the last 13 years.

lowsound

14. gee thanks vindy...

....must be a touchy subject with some guys....it's just hair man....it is so much easier to be bald.....getting ready takes me less than 15 minutes...and that includes a shower and shave...lol

guys loose their hair and womens boobs sag and their butts get bigger....it's called life people roll with it....life hands you lemons make lemon pie!!!!

Funny i did let it grow back for about a month recently....guess what its going grey too! so we are back to shaving again.....man 40 sucks!

15. I do collect comics! however mom doesn't have a basemant and I haven't lived at home since i was 16 (I'm 40 now).....the wife is a Trekkie by the way...lol

You guys have been so nice........remind me to never post pics again

16. (Bump) come on i know there are a few more razor bandits out there...

post those pics!

(Um is it just me or when you click on this thread do you see all the hairgrowth and bald cure ads at the top of the screen?)...lol

17. rfclef

rfclef

Jan 19, 2007
    Woodburn, Oregon
    Where in E TX, Snake? my parents are in Arp.

18. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I will be joining the shaved head club before too long. I'm 33, and it's starting to get pretty thin up top.

19. Only city close by of decent size is Tyler

20. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Am I the only one who could grow a full head of hair, but shaves it anyway?