1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Balder Thunder Bass Head

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Continuum, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Continuum

Continuum

Oct 31, 2005
    Price:
    This is one of those legendary 1980's Balder Thunder bass heads that you might hear one of the old-timers occasionally talk about here on TB.

According to legend, these were made in Sweden up until Nady bought the design and started selling them re-branded.

The preamp on this specimen works like a charm. The power section isn't fully functioning. The old guys on the boards recall these amps blowing fuses quite often, seems to be the case with this one. I get a little output, just very distorted.

When I ran the preamp through my Ashdown ABM900, this baby sounded pretty smooth. You can get some nasty overdrive tones out of the Tube Voice section!

IMG_2834.
    IMG_2840.JPG IMG_2839.JPG IMG_2838.JPG

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
    NigelD and Snaxster like this.