1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Balding Vs going gray

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Oct 15, 2013.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

For those who have gone through this, which bothered you more, balding or going gray? Balding in your 20's can be pretty traumatic.

2. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Banned

Feb 14, 2011
    NW England
    Turned 44 this week, and still got all my hair. Turns out chicks dig my silver streaks.

3. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    My hairline's receding. :atoz:

I'd prefer going gray.

4. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

I get compliments about my grey temples pretty much daily from the ladies. For some reason they love it and I swear I'm no George Clooney.

5. i'd def rather go grey than bald. i've got a couple grey patches and love them.

6. Gray was worse, although neither bothered me all that much.

I started losing my hair in my early 30s, just like every male in my family as far back as anyone can rememeber. It certainly came as no surprise when it happened to me.

The hair I have left started turning gray in my 40s, and that bothered me a little more, because for example a goatee doesn't look as good.

But, it's all part of the natural process of life. I'm not fighting it a bit.

7. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    I've been fighting the gray now for about 3 years. This year, I've surrendered. So be it. I still have a full head of hair thankfully. Some guys look awesome bald, me...shoot I'd look like a turtle! I'll take the gray over the nay :)

8. bassbully

bassbully Endorsed by The PHALEX CORN BASS..mmm...corn!

Sep 7, 2006
    Blimp City USA
    Both never really bothered me.

9. metron

metron

Sep 12, 2003
    Denver
    I suspect noone will say they prefer balding. Or maybe... Myself, Im half gray at 35 and don't mind at all. :D

10. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I started shaving my head in my early 20's. I don't even know what my hair would look like if I tried to grow it out.

-Mike

11. bass geetarist

bass geetarist

Jul 29, 2013
    toronto
    I'm in my mid 30s and have been balding and greying for the last few years. People seem to like the salt and pepper look, so the greying doesnt bother me much, but losing it has been a little harder to deal with. I look fine from the front, but I get a little self conscious when I know people can see the top of my head.

12. I'll take gray over balding.

13. My hair started thinning at the age of 23. I'm 27 now and I keep a very short buzz cut most of the time - it looks just fine that way, but if I try to grow it out it looks a bit ridiculous. At first I was horrified, as I had long, shoulder length hair most of my teenage years up through 21, but I'm well into the "acceptance" portion now. As long as I stay in shape I'll be fine. I am ok with being bald, but I will NOT be fat and bald before 30. :D

Balding early is a family curse - the fact I have any hair at 27 is a miracle in my family. My brother was completely bald by 18 (started thinning in high school, poor sap), my father was around 23 when he was totally bald, and my grandfather was maybe 21.

14. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    I'm going gray around the ears and have a bit of a bald spot going up on top too.

Neither one bothers me a bit.

I'm a right sexy man!!

15. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

You're still awesome, Jake. :bassist:

16. Bass_Thumper

Bass_Thumper

Oct 20, 2009
    Madison, MS
    I'm 41 and my hair has started turning gray but since it's mostly blonde, it does just jump out at you. The thing that I don't like is the fact that my beard is about 50/50 reddish blonde/white. LAME!

17. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I prefer gray over balding. I was doing good up until a year ago. Top part balding fast but I'm 54 so I'm kinda ok. I wish I wasn't balding because I had planned to grow dreads but oh well!

18. FrenchBassQC

FrenchBassQC Supporting Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Gatineau QC CA
    I am crossing my fingers, I am 57 and I am not going bald or gray yet. But out of the two, I'd rather go gray than bald anytime.

19. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    I saw an older guy around here in a Dubstep band who had male pattern baldness, and dreads. It can be done, although it's a horrible, horrible look.

20. Ziltoid

Ziltoid I don't play bass

Apr 10, 2009
    Canada
    If my genes don't flip out on me I should go grey and keep all my hair.