1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Baldwin Fun Machine Electric Organ/Piano

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by McHaven, Jun 22, 2008.

1. McHaven

McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    Anyone else have one? For those unfamiliar, the Fun Machine is a cheesey home organ/piano that was manufactured in the 1970s. I recently picked on up for 50 bucks, and I love it.

I'm just curious if anyone else has one, has modified one, or has a circuit diagram for one. What I really want to do with mine is disconnect the keyboard from the internal amplifier and run it through my bass rig. At the very least, I'd like to make a line out that I could run into my amp.

My fun machine is the 121F model, without the headphone output, so I couldn't just modify that. I'm fixing to just open the thing up and to see what it looks like though.

2. I've seen Steve Dawson perform the song "Fun machine suite part 1" live. He explained what a Fun Machine was before the song. They seem like very cheesey, very fun "instruments."

3. Kam

Kam

Feb 12, 2006
    Minneapolis, MN
    My girlfriend and i just found one of these by the dumpster at our apartment complex and dragged it in. We're currently trying to figure it out, but it has some pretty hilarious pre-programmed beats. A FunMachine indeed..