1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ballpark Prices to Offer on Steinberger Parts?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SCHteinberger, Jan 23, 2012.

1. SCHteinberger

SCHteinberger

Apr 8, 2009
    I have a chance to buy: Steinberger 4 String Neck - 5 Bolt - Excellent Condition / Solid w. no truss rod - Graphite? It has the headpiece on it and is stamped Steinberger and some numbers right on the neck. Next, Steinberger 4 String Bridge - Going by design and features, a "Newburgh" bridge in "Needs Cleaning" shape - all parts present and working. Finally - A Steinberger folding leg rest - Very Good condition, works - the one for the original smaller body Steinbergers. Has Steinberger, etc stamped into the metal. Question is what are some rough ballpark prices to offer? The person has these and other music items, but isn't really a big guitar person and said "What'll you give me?" Obviously saying "Twenty Bucks" would work for me... :eyebrow: They would disagree... THANK YOU! Sorry if this isn't the right area to ask this stuff... :meh:

2. SCHteinberger

SCHteinberger

Apr 8, 2009
    Surprised that I got zero advice :meh: whatever...

So I offered 200.00 bucks for the box: The Neck, Bridge, Leg Rest, Spirit Body (4 String) but plated and epoxied together - pickup cavities match - Miscellaneous pieces (non Steinberger). End up getting the box for $150.00 - Friend Discount I guess. :hyper: