1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Baltimore Bass Legend Michael Sciuto

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by jeffwo, Apr 11, 2010.

1. jeffwo

jeffwo

Feb 16, 2010
    Leesburg, Virginia
    This guy was and is my bass idol - truly one of the most amazing bass players I've ever heard or seen live. Super busy at times (in a way that would thrill many bass players but piss off traditionalists!) but could lay down a funky solid bass line when he had to. Super inventive and unique, and a damn good songwriter as well. He and his brother Tony are long-time musical fixutres in the Baltimore music scene. Mike lived and played in LA and Las Vegas for a while, and was an early bass gear innovator, inventing a cool bass bridge and designing Kevin Brubaker's first basses. He hasn't played out in years, being an internet marketing guru now, but still makes an occasional appearance.

Here's a link to a video for a tune called Under a New Sky that his brother Tony wrote with Mitch Allan ( another Baltimore guy done good in the music biz) for a power pop band called Banging Rush they formed in the late 90s. Awesome frigging bass line! This guy deserves some bass playing love.

2. Altitude

Altitude An ounce of perception, a pound of obscure. Supporting Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Denver, nee Austin
    When I was in high school, he won a "submit your original performance" competition for Guitar Player Magazine, and they put his submission in an issue, using one of those thin plastic record-ish things we used to see in magazines. I remember it being pretty cool.