1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale BALTIMORE P-BASS

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Skillet, May 1, 2019.

1. Skillet

Skillet Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Louisiana
    Price:
    $165
    Strings:
    Featuring a bold aesthetic that throws caution to the wind, I give you the vaunted Baltimore bass. Play a bass that is sure to get a few stares of wonderment, adulation, or at least bemusement.

This thing sounds like you would expect it to. Awesome. I robbed the stock pickup out of it (which sounded great btw) so I just installed a Dragonfire Pbass pickup in it. It has a very full sound, perhaps heavier in the low mids than you'd think.
    Both times I gigged this bass I got positive comments, both from it's distinctive looks, and it's solid tone. Bottom end? Yes.

It's got a few dings on the back, and one small divot on the back of the neck, but it plays great. Low action. There is right at about No fretware, and there are No sharp edges.
    The nut measures 1 11/16s or 43mm, so good for those who prefer a bit wider neck. It's not very deep though front to back. Very playable.

9.3lbs

Shipped within the ConUS for $165.
    20190501_082507.
    20190501_082516. 20190501_082530. 20190501_082553. 20190501_082559. 20190501_082628.

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  2. PawleeP

PawleeP

Oct 8, 2012
    where is this made?

3. Skillet

Skillet Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Louisiana
    Baltimore is a major city in Maryland with a long history as an important seaport. Fort McHenry, birthplace of the U.S. national anthem, “The Star-Spangled Banner,” sits at the mouth of Baltimore’s Inner Harbor. Today, this harbor area offers shops, upscale crab shacks and attractions like the Civil War–era warship the USS Constellation and the National Aquarium, showcasing thousands of marine creatures.

Baltimore is a wildly diverse city with a rich cultural and artistic legacy which has inspired luthiers in the furthest reaches of the orient to craft finely wrought instruments.....
    in other words,

I think China or maybe Indonesia....

TimBosby likes this.