Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Slater, Jan 18, 2001.

1. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
  2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Looks like they are trying to take on the Eden Metro and SWR Super Redhead.

It will be interesting to see how much it is and how it compares to the big boys soundwise.

Maybe they finally redesigned their 10's where they don't fart out on an open B.
  3. pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    I wonder why the weight is not given in the specs. I don't see a lifting hook on top so I assume that you don't need a wrecker to move the thing.

PV is great gear but all that I've owned is super heavy.

4. I'm really curious,can't wait to try it out.I must admit Peavey has come along way.This should be quite interesting.I hope it doesn't weigh a ton,my lower back will speak up if it is.GAS GAS GAS......
  5. Any ideas on the price?
    Is it available to the puclic?
    how decent the effects are?
  6. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Spacegoat...have you read your signature lately? :D
  7. I guess I should have expected that:D. I think that was more of an educated guess, though. I used Peavey amps for 10 years and never got a sound I liked. I also owned a rather large Peavey PA (HDH system) which didn't sound very good either. I will say, however that the stuff is practically indestructible! Maybe I'm being hasty, but Peavey hasn't ever produced any bass amps that I liked. Oh and I didn't mean that they're crap or anything just not my bag.
  8. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    He hasn't even heard of this model yet. He told me that he would get back to me after NAM. He felt that he would get info on it there.

When he calls me I will post the list price and street price as he tells it to me. It looks cool. Reminds me of the Carvin Red Eye Combo, Tiltback 2x10 Bass Amp. That one costs $770 and is a bit more powerful (600 watts into 4 ohms instead of 500 watts into 2 ohms).

Don't forget the great Buckaroo Banzai who once said, "Wherever you go... There you are."
  9. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I think most people who still look at or use Peavey will agree there have been many advancements in their product line. I don't own any Peavey but I would entertain the thought of purchasing one of their products if I found something that worked for me.
  10. afroman

Aug 31, 2000
    Brooklyn, NY
    Speaking of Peavey, what do you guys think of their 410's, I bought a Hartke 3500 head two days ago (it hasn't arrived yet) and one of the 410 I was thinking of buying was Peavey (cheap, cheap, cheap). What do you think of their cabs, specially the new 410 and 210.

Please I need your good advice.

P.D. I'm gonna try them before I buy, but the store that sells Peavey around here sold them all, so I have to wait until they order more (probably a week or so).
  11. freddylang

Dec 24, 2000
    Columbus, OH.
    Now we know why they discontinued their TMAX combo line. Maybe they finally made an amp under 800 pounds! When I bought my Peavey combo I had to take it down a flight of stairs by myself and I lost control of it and it knocked the wind out of me! Lucky the stairs were carpeted or I'd probably be paralized right now. Anyways, Peavey is really on the rise. Like them or not, they've really improved with the Cirrus, G-Bass, & Firebass and this new stuff looks like it could be pretty solid too. Most of my stuff is Peavey. How the hell did that happen? By the way, what does NAMM stand for?
  12. >Any ideas on the price?

According to info on the Peavey Amp forum, the MSRP will be around $1299 or so.

>Is it available to the puclic?

As far as I know, it's being launched at NAMM so it should be in stores not too long thereafter.

>how decent the effects are?

Hard to tell as there have been no reviews.

The amp's pricing and power characteristics are similar to those of the T-Max 210, but with the added feature of modeling capabilities.

More details, specs, etc. should become available soon.

13. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    North American Music something...
  14. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    National Association of Music Merchants, I think.
  15. virtual.ray

Oct 25, 2000
    Yup,National Association of Music Merchants.