1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ban announcements

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Rune Bivrin, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Rune Bivrin

Rune Bivrin Supporting Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Huddinge, Sweden
    This may have been discussed already, but anyway...

I think it would be a good thing if bans of members were publicly announced, stating who was banned, for how long and why. Possibly with a link to a particular thread where the behaviour is manifest.

It would help remove the confusion when people suddenly stop posting, and also serve to clarify what is and isn't tolerable behaviour on TB.

It's something that diyaudio.com has, and I find it quite informative.

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I think it's a bad idea... too many may feel pride in their placement on the list.

3. jkritchey

jkritchey

Jul 23, 2002
    Northern Va.
    ...but they couldn't see themselves on that list, right, they'd be banned...?

(Assuming the ban list was members only)

4. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Since all the posts by the members in question will display the usertitle accompanying a ban for the length of the ban, I think people can figure out as much as they need to know. We will be unveiling details about infraction and ban structure in the near future, though.

5. WickedPissah

WickedPissah

Jan 22, 2008
    Boston
    I'd like to see that, I still have no idea what happened to Mon Rominee. Not that I had a personal relationship with the dude, just that he disappeared off the face of the earth.

6. [Dr. Evil w/pinkie to edge of mouth smilie]