1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

banana output on ART SLA, how to get to 1/4" ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Lou V, Sep 26, 2009.

1. Lou V

Lou V

Oct 12, 2003
    Chicago
    I am running an 'economy' bass rig with an aguilar tone hammer as the preamp, into an ART SLA1 power amp, and then to a thiele ported guitar cab. I have some very nice 1/4" speaker cables, but I need to convert one end to dual banana plugs. I am not good with soldering, so no DIY stuff for me.

Are there any options out there other than something like these two? Any recommendations on something that is well made?

monsteradaptor.

solidadapotr.

Thanks

2. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    You can buy solderless banana plugs at Radio shat but I'd use a shielded cord instead of speaker cable. It'd work but you might end up with more noise/hiss issues.

3. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    He's taking the output of a power amp and sending it to a speaker cab. Speaker cables are exactly what's needed. And you can get 1/4" to banana cables at any Guitar Center or big online shop. Even a basic ProCo or Whirlwind will be pretty good quality, especially in short lengths.

4. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
  5. Jefenator

Jefenator Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2008
    Oregon
    I might just chop one of the 1/4" cables and install a banana plug on one end. (Or even make 2 out of one if you got enough length!) It's easy enough to do.