band advice: our guitarist = suckage

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Toony, Dec 10, 2001.

1. BassDom

BassDom

Dec 1, 2001
    Brantford
    I just joined this band recently and its doing pretty good, but one of our guitarist really stinks and is just holding us back...

The problem isn't that don't want to tell him he sucks (I tell him everyday), but that he has so much ****ing gear (mic, marshalls, pedals, synthesizer, wireless system) it would stupid to kick him out because we'd probably not be able to afford our own ****... bah....theres nothing I can do.

2. well, what your problem is that your band has no control what so ever. Someone has to set guide lines. Say cover 2!!...end with that...or get everyone in the band to pick 1 song...I repeat 1 song and then take the best 2 or 3. I think you're not taking enough away from the music if you're having trouble making your own material. Its not that hard. now making a well planned out structured song thats smooth and sounds good..thats hard. Making my own stuff up has never been the problem and if you're good at what you do then it shouldn't be a problem for you either.
    ciao

3. Toony

Toony

Jun 15, 2001
    Texas
    well he seems like he actually wants to play now, even though it sorta happed on accident.

we were in guitar center last night and i was over at the basses trying out some basses and some guy walks up who was a guitarist and starts a conversation about starting a band. i gave my friend this warning look, then asked the guy if he wrote any of his own stuff and took his phone number. my friend goes on to say, "what! we don't need another guitarist dude", so i tells him "yeah but we do need one that actually plays original stuff not metal tabs". blank face.

the rest of the night, this guy, my friend, was kicking out some pretty good original stuff. i think he just needed that slap on the ass "motivation", not literally but you know. i'll give him til next practice, if he's on the same level, good. anyhow if all else fails, i do still have the other guy's number. :D

4. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    :eek: :D