1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Band Breakup Hall of Fame

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by dalkowski, Nov 27, 2018.

1. BassAndReeds

BassAndReeds

Oct 7, 2016
    I kinda want to see what all parties involved looked like, to judge based on appearances alone.

Sounds like rock and roll to me. And free press. Peter should keep his good luck streak alive by hiring another guitar player, and getting another loose girlfriend.

2. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Um...... dang. :wideyed:

I have never lived through a guitar player having sex with my girlfriend. But I HAVE lived through my drummer having sex with my wife. It is, in fact, a very effective way of ending a band..... and a marriage.

And that drummer almost died. ;)

Mr_Moo, Robert B, TheReceder and 20 others like this.
  3. RichardW

RichardW

Feb 25, 2016
    near Philly
    At least they don't have to fire the drummer.

4. micguy

micguy

May 17, 2011
    ...best girlfriend for metal???

5. dbase

dbase Gold Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..
    I would have stabbed him with his own sticks ;)

DirtyDuke and jamro217 like this.
  6. I want pictures of the parties involved. I've heard of worse things happening in bands. Did the drummer really die?

7. MattZilla

MattZilla

Jun 26, 2013
    CNY
    easily jilted into vengeful antimonogamous flings and has tattoos.

smogg likes this.
  8. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

:dead:

1960jbass likes this.
  9. Lance Bunyon

Lance Bunyon

Jul 17, 2018
    My guitarist banged our (chick) drummer.
    She had rejected me the previous year.
    She wasn't in our band at the time.
    It was kinda funny when they broke up.
    "YOU ONLY BANGED ME CAUSE IM THERE!"
    Yup. Singer and me then went outside and laughed for 10 minutes.

10. It is the perfect storm of breakups. It has all the components of a Tennessee Williams play. Betrayal. Infidelity. Death. Angst. Anguish. Mental torture. Depravity.

How could it turn out any other way? Circumstances aligned and conspired, till there was only one possible outcome.

11. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2001
    Spencerport, New York
    With my luck, the drummer would have forgotten his sticks and needed the pair I carry in my gig bag.

BT,DT......

12. Sounds like a common everyday experience for an up and coming bands. It happens.
    Early in my music career crazier things than that even happened
    I'm just glad I wasn't the drummer or the guy banging a fellow band members GF or wife.
    If I found out some band member was sneaking around doing my lady, he'd be waiting at the pearly gates along with the drummer. Undoubtedly being denied entry.

Side note. The internet is not private and last forever.
    Never, ever air your dirty laundry on social media. It'll come back to haunt then swallow you up.
    You can tell someone your complaint and solution but that's just hearsay evidence in court. A post on social media is factual evidence and can be used against you in more ways than one.

Mr_Moo and Fretless1! like this.
  13. chazolson

chazolson Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2013
    Reston, VA
    “Witchrot”?!?!? Was “Painful Rectal Itch”” already taken? Apparently I will never understand metal heads.

14. Skillet

Skillet Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Louisiana
    I need to know the weight and, well obviously the nut was large .....

15. gln1955

gln1955 Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2014
    Ohio, USA
    I'm betting he wasn't the first either.

16. moonshinegtrs

moonshinegtrs SUSPENDED Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 28, 2009
    White Bluff,Tn.
    Owner: Moonshine Custom Guitars
    It's only rock and roll...

Moonshine :bassist:

17. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    It almost was...in 1978. In the end, we decided on Trapezoid because we thought Painful Rectal Itch might keep us from being able to play concerts at school.

Mr_Moo, Engle, dbase and 3 others like this.
  18. jamro217

jamro217 Supporting Member

The girlfriend was the drummer. :D

vvvmmm likes this.
  19. Reg Braithwaite

Reg Braithwaite

Oct 21, 2018
    Toronto,
    I’m not into slut-shaming the ex-GF. Who really knows, maybe she already told this dude to take a long walk off a short plank, but he still thinks she “belongs to him.” I never judge an—ummm—trio dynamic based solely on the dissapointed person’s testimony. There are at least three sides to every story like this.

As for the band breakup... Jeez, have these people never heard of Fleetwood Mac? They should have started composing songs and doing highway-grade white lines of coke. A masterpiece could have emerged from the shattered remnants of their friendships.

Breaking up is not metal. Keeping the band together and howling about how the guitarist makes loving fun is metal.

TWolf, Mr_Moo, Rock Salad and 4 others like this.