Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Band broke up

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by AllodoX, Jul 15, 2001.

1. the guitarplayer of my band just called me..

the band has split up.. the drummer will continue with his other band, the guitarplayer will also continue with another band, and the lead singer.. dunno..

this sucks.. :(

2. LiL BaSS DuDe

LiL BaSS DuDe Guest

May 15, 2001
    Scotland,
    That sucks bro :(

3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Hmmmm ... that's how we fired the leader of our band.

4. thanx dude.. that's really supporting :( :D

5. Allodox, u sure you and munji don't know each other? ;)

Honestly though, a band braking up sucks..especially when you've got nowhere else to go and everyone else does.

6. Hell yeah, we've been homies for years now !

bassplayers are pretty rare around here.. so no problem dude.. i'll have a new band soon enough :D

7. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Just a thought...do you have any idea WHY the band broke up? That might be instructive to you for future reference. See if you can find out why the guys went their separate ways. Also, looks like you were told last. (At least you were told.) Did you suspect that a breakup was coming? Just wondering is all.

I hope you find another band soon and that the next one lasts longer.

8. well i DID expect something.. since the singer didn't show up last 3 rehearsals.. according the guitarist, the band broke up coz the singer and the guitarist were fed up with the fact that we didn't do any gigs for the last few months..

you know.. the cool part is.. the studio, where we did rehearsals, is mine.. so the drummer wasn't too eager to split up at first, coz he hasn't got storage for his drumkit now.. and the guitarist has like BIG (!) speakercabs, so i have tons of free space in my studio now.. sweet.. now i can finally put a couch in there.. :D

9. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    Bands come and go - Just keep playing...

10. I wish I had a band, never have and probably never will. :(

11. Dude, youre 15, im 17 and am finally starting a band. Get better, wait till youre ready, then BAM, youre on MTV :D

12. pkr2

pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    Words of wisdom!

Pkr2

13. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    ium sorryt o hear that.. im stil in a band and hopefully will not break up :(

DM

14. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    I am pretty much the only member of my band that shows up... I guess I should rename my band masterbation. :(

Oh, well... Nowadays I work enough that I only pickup my bass once every week if I am lucky. I need to figure out my schedule because I sure as heck am not getting any better at playing bass by working on PCs.

15. LimpChunk9

LimpChunk9

May 8, 2001
    Bronx, NY
    Damn, that really sucks. Sorry.

16. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I can feel your pain... I am in my third band in 12 months, which is way too many for me.... probably went on about 15-20 auditions... IT sucks not beeing able to keep a band together, but there is only so much you can do.... Just remember, good bass players are invaluable. You'll find a gig... and before I get hammer for all those auditions, I was getting call backs, it was those guys that were doofi! But keep your head up, a bass player always finds a gig....

17. Lord Bishop

Lord Bishop Guest

Jul 16, 2001
    Brooklyn N.Y.
    Dude, don't sweat it, we bassists are rare creatures. Soon enough, you'll be in a band and you to can then enjoy all of the happy band soap opera B.S. that comes with being in a band, ego's, attitudes, the "my mother's cat's kitten" syndrome-(lame excuses for not making rehearsal) and so on. So just hang in there, keep practicing and it'll happen.

Mike