Band Brokeup before I quit

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Cosmo Dalton, Oct 29, 2016.

Tags:
  1. It's been a few months since we played and about a year since we wrote new material. Basically, between that and the fact that I've been getting more interested in different styles of music and talking to other people about getting something going it was time for me to move on. So, the singer sends s group text about getting together on xyz date. Radio silence from everybody including me. So I decide I better man up and let these guys know my position. I say that I have enjoyed it and everybody is cool, good musicians, fun times, but I just assumed we had organically disbanded so I started moving on to other things and sorry to be the bearer and all that. Everybody knew I was into these other styles and was trying to get that going so no real surprises there. I told them if they keep the ball rolling and need me to show the new bass player the lines I would be happy to. I get a text from the singer about being confused but it's understandable and amicable. Then I get a text from the guitar player. Apparently, at our last show after I left the singer got waste deep in booze and started getting gay with the guitar player. Doing a lot of unwarranted touching and such. I always suspected the dude was into dudes but whatever, right? Nobody cares about sexual orientation anymore...except maybe his wife, but I digress. This touch off gets more and more aggressive and the guitar player finally grabs him by the throat and throws him to the ground. The singer slaps the guitar players glasses off his head and the drummer ends up splitting them up. Then after pleading with the singer not to drive drunk he hits the road with reckless abandon. So, the guitar player was down with my decision to move on. Haven't heard anything from the drummer. Bands will be Bands.

2. dtripoli

dtripoli

Aug 15, 2010
    CA
    Problem solved. Go forward and test the musical waters elsewhere.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
    Cosmo Dalton and Winfred like this.
  3. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Moderator Staff Member

Well, that's a way better story than the one I was going to tell.

4. MattZilla

MattZilla

Jun 26, 2013
    CNY
    HAH! Wife, huh? kids?

Cosmo Dalton likes this.
  5. No kids, but seemingly happy marriage.

6. baileyboy

baileyboy Inactive

Aug 12, 2010
    Can't wait for the sequel...

hrodbert696 and Cosmo Dalton like this.
  7. kcole4001

kcole4001

Oct 7, 2009
    Nova Scotia
    You were robbed!
    So what needs to happen now is everyone has to apologize and make up, get back together for at least one farewell gig.
    Then the first guy to rage quit wins.
    :)

PillO and Cosmo Dalton like this.
  8. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Springtown, Texas
    You did it all wrong. You're supposed to fire the drummer, then rage quit. Didn't you read the manual?

9. Ha! To be honest I always thought the band would end in a fistfight between the drummer and anybody else.

10. Ender_rpm

Ender_rpm

Apr 18, 2004
    St. Louis MO
    New twist on the "Singer banged guitar players woman" is "Singer tried to bang guitar player!"

11. That is a wild one!

Ductapeman and Cosmo Dalton like this.
  12. Old Blastard

Old Blastard

Aug 18, 2013
    Virginia
    You win. I got nothing to compare to that.

13. Without a doubt, that was a fresh sort of story! Just, wow...

14. Michedelic

Michedelic MId-Century Modern

Bullet dodged.

Cosmo Dalton likes this.
  15. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    Sounds like a reality TV show script. WOW!

Cosmo Dalton likes this.