Band Burden | Hand Announces Spring Tour with Bassist Felix Pastorius

Discussion in 'News & PR' started by paul, Feb 8, 2006.

1. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Before entering the studio to record their debut album, Burden|Hand is kicking off their spring with two special Northern California shows featuring guest bassist Felix Pastorius. Their spring tour will launch in Chico, CA (on Friday Feb 24th) and in their hometown of San Francisco (Saturday Feb 25th), before continuing through California in March.
  2. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Burden|Hand is excited to add Pastorius to the lineup for these two special shows – his bass pyrotechnics drawing from the road (touring Europe and North America with Jeff Coffin's Mu'Tet and Way of the Groove ) and possibly from the gene pool (his father was legendary bassist Jaco Pastorius). They'll be a great compliment to Burden|Hand's funk-rock, latin jazz, and jamband influences.

The band's genre-jumping style comes from some of the top names dropped in the Bay Area music scene. Guitar Joe Michiels (West Grand), drummer Lucas Ives (9 Red Sun) and singer/guitarist Brian Johnson have built a word-of-mouth following that uses sites like MySpace and to legally trade live bootlegs. After road-testing their new material, the band is scheduled to record it's debut release in John Vanderslice's Tiny Telephone studios.

"Some bands aspire to have an 'independent' sound, but Burden|Hand has reached acclaim by our own blood and sweat, which keeps us separate from alot of so-called 'Indie' bands who are about as 'dependent' as my ex-girlfriend..." is how drummer Lucas Ives explains the band's obsessive work-ethic. They strive to pursue a new sound which is dense, hip, and just plain fun. Ives continues "...and I tell the same thing to my ex as I do critics: 'Stop calling me, I'm over you."

Burden | hand is:

Brian Johnson · guitar, vocals
    Joe Michiels · lead guitar
    Felix Pastorius · bass
    Lucas Ives · drums

See more information at