Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Band coop's or practice spaces in Seattle , Wa.?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Deano Destructo, Oct 8, 2002.

1. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Music Man/Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Are there any around and if so where? Just woundering since I'm about to relocate there.;)

2. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Music Man/Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Austin, TX
  3. beermonkey

beermonkey

Sep 26, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    There are a number of different rehearsal spaces to choose from, whether you just want an hourly rate or dedicated, pay by the month type deal.

Hush and Northern Stars are both really good places to rent a room on a monthly basis. Evolution Studios is a great hourly place that is in Bellevue (15 minutes from Seattle).

4. lildrgn

lildrgn

Jul 11, 2000
    Seattle, WA
    There's a place on 3rd and Republican on Queen Anne Hill in Seattle called the Jambox. It's ok. Daily access from 5:00pm to 2:00am (I think). Small rooms, SUPER noisy. Chatting areas, free phone, fair vending machines. Fairly clean bathroom. AC in the summer, some heat in the winter. Monitored by Bruce (the owner) and Bill (the other owner) and they're usually always there, or having one of their 'boys' be the door guy. I rehearsed there for 2 years or so. Hell, it's a rehearsal space, but be prepared to shout a lot as there is very little, if any, insulation between rooms and if the band next door is playing anything but acoustic jazz, you'll hear it like it's in your own room.

My current band rehearses in a place that does no advertising, only word of mouth, and is booked out. It's pricy ($500/room), but the rooms are big and you get 24hr access. Plus there is not as much bleed as there is at the other place. But bring a heater in the winter. Very chilly. And some fans in the summer. No ventiliation. But the place is great and serves its purpose well.

Good luck looking for a space!

Gwon