Band Design - Logos, Albums, Tees, Web, etc...

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Corevalay, May 21, 2012.

1. Corevalay

Corevalay Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hey guys, I wanted to start this thread as a possible way for me to help out some TBers while also helping myself.

I am a working graphic artist but I've really been trying to get more into designing things for bands. I've always done work for my own bands to much acclaim. I've also helped out alot of friends bands and we've had great results. I see alot of bands that don't have the greatest artwork and there's no reason for that! Everyone should have professional looking logos, albums, websites, etc...

Because of this I'd like to offer my services to all my fellow TBers. I can't do it for free, but I can definitely work with you guys and your budgets. This way you can receive high quality artwork at a fair price and I can start to get my name out there.

Please feel free to contact me through PM or visit my website at www.essentre.com to view some samples of work.

Thanks so much!!

2. Corevalay

Sep 10, 2009
    New Jersey
    Well I must say I'm a bit surprised I got NO responses. Lets give it another try!

(WOW, I just realized I posted both messages at the EXACT same time... that's impressive!!)

3. -Kramer-

-Kramer-

Dec 9, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
  4. mambo4

mambo4

Jun 9, 2006
    Dallas
    this might be your problem :D

But seriously: One marketing critique, from a fellow graphics guy: I followed the link and it took some clicking to find anything like an example of a band logo (silent assassin). Digging thru non-band examples may turn some potential band customers away.

I'd suggest adding a URL of more specifically band targeted designs (logos, posters, t-shirts etc) to point people too.

also, if you're doing your own html, javascript pop-ups are so 90's.
    Google Lightbox, Shadowbox, or Milkbox.

5. I'm looking for web design, feel free to PM me...

6. It may be that this thread is misleading...

There is no coaching, opinions or content.

So I'll start.

----

1-Should be faxable (survive in low rez black and white.. low cost reproduction )

2-Name should be directly a website XYZ.com

7. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    +1. But I didn't even find that. All I saw were Visa, Mercedes, etc logos. If you're trying to sell yourself on designing logos, I want to see some examples of what you can do. Not what their graphics department can do.

8. Corevalay

Sep 10, 2009
    New Jersey
    Guys, thanks for the critique... I appreciate it!

I agree with everything you guys are saying, a new site is actually in the works. I just haven't been able to get it done yet. I was telling myself to wait until it was done to move forward with it... but i didn't. That was obviously a mistake! I shall get working on that before anything else.

Thanks again!

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021